Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Kahne 07 Schedule Hood at a local Target today, also had JJ, Jr., Stewart, and Gordon.
All schedule hoods. :-D

Note: new packaging.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
looks like i'll be hitting targets soon

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Those look like cookies in the background. I wish my Targets got diecast. They dont even have pegs. Ill just have to wait for Wal-Mart to get them. I do like the packaging though.

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
gonna be harder for someone to try and steal them now. I hate going to a store and seeing a wc package with no car, just a hood left over. The smaller packages were easier to hang though. Hopefully i find them

·
Registered
564 Posts
I like the new Packaging they have this year. Been wondering when the 07's were going to hit stores.

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
well i doubt this will heppen but last time wc released cars they were on store shelves the same day. those were the 1/87. I wonder if they will do the same with the 1/64

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
just got word from a friend up in ohio, that he just found some of the new haulers too. hopefully he will send pics so i can post them. he said the packages for the haulers are simular to the new 1:64's but with a tread (diamond) plate look to them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
demondecko said:
No one else thinks those look like cookies?
The "cookies" are gauges, looks like tachometer and water temp.
And I dont know if the new package will foil theives, Johnny Lightning switched to a similiar package, and now the crooks just palm a razor and slit them open. :rollseyes:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
demondecko said:
No one else thinks those look like cookies?
what are you talking about? the tachometers?

sounds like someone is hungry or got the munchies, lol---j/k

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Is it even still consider a Winner's Circle item? I don't see WC on the package.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
BadBowtie said:
Is it even still consider a Winner's Circle item? I don't see WC on the package.
Possibly the lower right hand corner? Maybe on the back? I would like to see some more detail. It has got to be the winners circle with the hood magnet sticker and the 4+ at the top. that ws new by WC last year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Funny thing that these are showing up. I visited Evernham's shop this week on my trip, and they said theat they were still waiting for the 2007 diecast to be delivered.

Also looks like they are using the Motorworks packaging scheme. A sealed pack. I wish they would pick a design and stick with it, I keep having to modify my 1/64 display designs.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, its still a WC item, logo is on the lower right hand corner. You cant see it in my picture.
And price is still $4.94 at Target.

Hope their not done with the '06's yet though, still hoping for the, Stremme, Riggs, kurt Busch, Labonte STP etc.

Maybe WC just got it right this time, and released the Schedule Hoods BEFORE Daytona and the rest of the '06's will follow.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
I HATE those those packages that have to be cut to get at the car. Just makes useless work for the true collectors.

What body did they use for the Charger? Did they use the same body as last year, or is it a new tool? The Chargers this year have a new nose which looks like the Intrepid's grills upside down. Wondering if they tooled a new body or the same inaccurate body?

I can't tell from the photo, but it almost looks like they used the Intrepid nose grafted to the Charger body...

·
Registered
564 Posts
How does it make useless work for the true collector. The true collector will keep it in the package. It makes it harder for the Custom guys to make customs out of them. I think that may be what there trying to do.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts