Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where'd you get that from Taz? I got the Newman but haven't picked it up yet.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fat chance.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I'm curious as to where they got your email address. I know that both of you are very knowledgeable about diecast and above all Karl is very outspoken when it comes to being critical of the diecast companies. Unless they picked random club members or frequent buyers (if MA/RCCA even allowed that) they'd have to have found you guys elsewhere. Be neat if they found you guys email addresses in your profile here.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
that is a nice looking car. i wrote to him myself and still have not got a reply from him yet.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got to the Newman car-- very nice. The main thing I noticed about them is that the cars are very light as compared to a regular diecast. I think that the chassis may be plastic, but the car is very nice looking.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
that is a nice looking car. i wrote to him myself and still have not got a reply from him yet.
I wrote to him today and was asking bout it and he got back to me tonight and said he would send me one as soon as the production shipment gets in. Really nice guy, I never expected him to agree to send one but he is super nice. He didnt ask which Id prefer but I hope its the Newman.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
1Bob29 said:
Hes sending you one for free demon? I might have to email him then lol. What did you say to him?
I just introduced myself to him and told him I heard that they were sending some of the sheet metal cars out for review and asked if there was anyway I could get one to review for him. That was basically it and he wrote me back in about 2 hours.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i have emailed him twice now and still havent heard anything back.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Just to update this for everyone, I received the Busch car in the mail today. I guess their production shipment came in finally. Did anyone else get one?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i emailed him but never got a response.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I received an email today saying that the car shiped last week UPS.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
WOW, i wrote him again and to my surprise right at 5 minutes later he wrote me back asking for my address. very cool that i will be getting this. i know it is a free car, but im kinda torn over which one im looking forward to getting. on one hand I want to get the Newman since he won the 500, but only for novelty, but I think i would still rather have the Busch. even as much as the Busch and Stewart fight, i still like Kurt, just some times not as much, lol.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I've asked several times as to what their driver line-up was going to be, but have not heard.
I would prefer the Newman, but for free, I don't really care.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
racersimage said:
I'm curious as to where they got your email address. I know that both of you are very knowledgeable about diecast and above all Karl is very outspoken when it comes to being critical of the diecast companies. Unless they picked random club members or frequent buyers (if MA/RCCA even allowed that) they'd have to have found you guys elsewhere. Be neat if they found you guys email addresses in your profile here.
They musta got the email address's from here, or at least the original ones, cause they emailed me, and I had no contact w/them.
I just noticed that the hood and trunk lids don't have the braces to hold them up, and they are Avengers. Must be left overs from last year, or prototypes.
Still pretty nice though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts