Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Neon garage passes for the Vegas race in a few weeks and was wondering if I took a windshield for autograph purposes could I take one out of a 2008, get it signed and then put it in a 2012 car which I plan on purchasing once the prices go down a bit.

I haven't really dealt with 1:24's and would like to know.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
They're the same and WILL work.Just be sure to keep them manufacturer specific,as the black outline for the sunshade of each make varies.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info/help guys [MENTION=1780]AFORKUM89[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1489]Pier39er[/MENTION]

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
It's very possible there will be a little difference in size. If there's a slight size difference it won't fit. Also... have you tried to remove a windshield from a 2012? It might not be easy. You wouldn't want to spend all that money on a 2012 diecast and then ruin it trying to get the windshield back in.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
They're the same and WILL work.Just be sure to keep them manufacturer specific,as the black outline for the sunshade of each make varies.
not only that but the windshields are physically different...manufacturer to manufacturer...even ARC to elite...Had an edwards project, cracked the windshield on an elite and the ARC would not fit from another edwards car...it's nuts. You'd think as much other stuff they ignore they'd use ONE windshield...

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's very possible there will be a little difference in size. If there's a slight size difference it won't fit. Also... have you tried to remove a windshield from a 2012? It might not be easy. You wouldn't want to spend all that money on a 2012 diecast and then ruin it trying to get the windshield back in.
It's Jr's autograph I'm really hoping to get but after doing some research and investigating on how difficult it is to obtain his signature at the track I'm starting to re-evaluate. I will probably just see if I can get one signed direct from a dealer or wait until I can get to a sit down signing of his.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts