Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well boys and girls, i found a Marine car that i hoped was made but it never was put into production. however, i did get ahold of the prototype. it is the #53 hank parker jr. team Marines.com 225th anniv. paint scheme. it is in pretty good shape. it has a few things wrong with it paint wise. it is my understanding that this car was to be run at homestead that year but i believe that due to money issues, it was not and hank ran for another team the last few races that year. not sure on it though. here are the pics. oh, btw, i think frank will appreciate this one as well since it is a .com car.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
really nice proto Ron

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Very nice piece. From what I understand, it is not uncommon to have paint issues on prototypes. They are kinda rushed through production, and are handled alot so they are very susceptable to damage. It looks pretty good from what I can tell from the pics. It's pretty cool you wanted it and were able to find it. That's neat.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Very nice car Ron! I love the paint scheme!

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone, it was a suprise to find this one. i wished it was in better shape but hey, it is mine all mine. it will take it's rightful place among all the other 1/24 Marine sponsored cars i have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts