Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Time Limit on dead or unclaimed cars.

• No time limit?

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 3 day limit to post different car.

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • 5 day limit to post different car.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • just message poster to brow beat him into posting new car.

Votes: 2 5.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DCZ's Sliced Bread
2,440 Posts
I think three would be too quick, no time limit should only be for people who ONLY have one car available for posting, and five should be the limit.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I think 3 days is fine. But the communication would be more important than a 72 hour time limit. If the car is not moving the member who has it up knows. It is their responsibility to let the rest of the forum know what is going on. Like when a new car could be posted because of work, family or other obligations. It;s the car that sits and the posting member doesn't update his plans that seem to grind it to a halt. JMO

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
I think there's too many rules for a RAOK type of deal

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
I see the Pay It Forward 1:24 thread dying to be honest. Way to many rules as is and there is like only 1-6 people actually participating in it. That being said. I think 5 days is perfect for the amount of time for a car to be posted as it's not super long and not super short. If after 3 days no one has claimed it tell the poster that they need to start looking for a new car to post that way it gives the person time to pick another car and gives enough time if someone so happens to want to take the car. Just my 2 cents is all.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
I see the Pay It Forward 1:24 thread dying to be honest. Way to many rules as is and there is like only 1-6 people actually participating in it. That being said. I think 5 days is perfect for the amount of time for a car to be posted as it's not super long and not super short. If after 3 days no one has claimed it tell the poster that they need to start looking for a new car to post that way it gives the person time to pick another car and gives enough time if someone so happens to want to take the car. Just my 2 cents is all.
I think part of the reason for that is it seems to be the same handful of drivers die-cast getting posted ie. Gordon, Jr., Sr., Jimmie, Harvick, Danica. For me I have no interest because i strictly collect Kasey Kahne. I've actually been waiting for one of his cars to come up because I'd really like to participate.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
I wanted to participate but before I can someone else swoops up the car and then posts a car I don't want. or when I tried to participate my diecast was ragged on for not being as valuable. So it turned me off quite a bit from participating but now I think I am going to participate once another car I would want is posted.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
Maybe suggestions can be taken for a certain driver to be posted to move the thread along if it is stalled? or just tell people to keep the driver in mind when posting a car?

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
I think part of the reason for that is it seems to be the same handful of drivers die-cast getting posted ie. Gordon, Jr., Sr., Jimmie, Harvick, Danica. For me I have no interest because i strictly collect Kasey Kahne. I've actually been waiting for one of his cars to come up because I'd really like to participate.
If you want to participate post a car. No need to wait.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
#8fanIf you want to participate post a car. No need to wait.
But that's not how it works lol. I'd rather just do a RAOK to a few of the guys who have been really good to me since joining.

·
Junior Nation 2016!!!!!!
7,206 Posts
But that's not how it works lol. I'd rather just do a RAOK to a few of the guys who have been really good to me since joining.

That's what I ended up doing with the car I posted in the thread that they said wasn't valuable enough and the person enjoyed getting it so it worked out better.

·
Pay It Forward
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[URL=http://diecastcrazy.com/community/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=8fan said:
#8fan[/URL]915002]If you want to participate post a car. No need to wait
doesn't work that way.

·
Always smooth
4,271 Posts
I wanted to participate but before I can someone else swoops up the car and then posts a car I don't want. or when I tried to participate my diecast was ragged on for not being as valuable. So it turned me off quite a bit from participating but now I think I am going to participate once another car I would want is posted.
Glad to hear you might get involved again. I think the PIF threads have been great so far. Alot of cars have been payed foward. One thing to keep in mind is there is only so many active members here. Sometimes a car is gonna sit a while. I think 3 days is plenty cause the people who are gonna participate watch the thread almost everyday. But thats just my opinion. Also I think its a mistake to lump this idea in with a RAOK its a different beast. RAOK are great but this is just one more awesome feature that this site has that sets up apart from anyone else. And in closing props to [MENTION=3073]dirtman07[/MENTION] for doing a hell of a job setting this up and running it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I didn't read through the thread, so I don't know if this has been suggested. I think everyone should put up 2 cars at a time, so there's atleast a choice. One gets claimed and the other just goes away. It also seems like so many of the cars getting put up are just "run of the mill." The one that's up now I just saw sell for $2.99 + shipping on ebay a few days ago.

·
Pay It Forward
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[MENTION=2768]#8fan[/MENTION] is a smart guy...if he sees that its not moving, than I'm sure he would try another one. I like the car myself but already have it.

·
I'm all in......
1,242 Posts
@#8fan is a smart guy...if he sees that its not moving, than I'm sure he would try another one. I like the car myself but already have it.
Exactly the point. Anyone that wants the car, has it. It is an overproduced car with zero value. I think the only rule change needed is the value. Raise the value so decent pieces get posted. $25 is nothing. I can get it somewhere else cheaper than giving a better car away. The point of this is to get something you want, and give away something someone else wants. Not get something you want and give away something you know you can't sell or don't want.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.