Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The series now known as the ARCA Menards Series West is one of the oldest stock car tours in America, dating back to 1954. Now despite its 67 seasons of competitions, there haven't been many releases for the series, with a total of 10 or so cars ever produced in scale. Now this does not count Cup or Xfinity teams/schemes that ran in the West Series, although I might add a section for that at a later time.

Special Thanks to "El Camino" Billy for his wonderful guide and Taterracing for the inspiration of doing the West Guide to mirror his for the East Series

Now the series has been known as the:

NASCAR Pacific Coast Late Model Division (1954-1969)
NASCAR Grand National West (1970)
NASCAR Winston West Series (1971-2002)
NASCAR Winston West Series Grand National Division (2003)
NASCAR West Series (2004-2005, 2007)
NASCAR Autozone West Series (2006)
NASCAR Camping World Series West (2008-2009)
NASCAR K&N Pro Series West (2010-2019)
ARCA Menards Series West (2020-present)

1991 #9 Bill Elliott
The first 1/64 ever released for the series, released by Racing Champions. This represents the car Bill drove to a 12th place finish in the Motorcraft 500 at Evergreen Speedway.

1992 #11 Bill Elliott
Elliott's second and final West issue is his (censored) car from the 1992 event, where he finished 8th. This was a limited production of 10,000 units, but how this promo diecast was distributed by Racing Champions is something I've yet to find out.

1998 #75 Kevin Harvick
Lionel Racing released this as part of their NASCAR Classics line and represents his championship winning car (they literally only had one in their stable) that he drove to five wins for long running team owner Wayne Spears.

2001 #50 Jon Wood
In 2001, the Wood Brothers entered this #50 car in three of Jon Wood's four starts beginning at Fontana, which led to two poles and a best finish of second (twice).

2003 #16 Austin Cameron
Cameron drove this car for Bill McAnally Racing in eight of the twelve races that season, missing four of them due to his battle Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Despite the set back, cancer didn't slow Cameron down, as he won twice by the end of the 2003 campaign. To add to his resume he would win the inaugural Toyota All Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway.

2003 #20 Jim Inglebright
"The Candyman" would run his rookie campaign in the Winston West tour in this Jelly Belly Chevrolet as a teammate to Cameron's 16.

2016 #27 Gracin Raz
In 2016, Gracin Raz and Montana Tech would commission this promo from Lionel Racing that was sold via his site and Facebook page. This is on a 2016 Ford Fusion mold instead of the 2013-2015 Ford Fusion of which the Five Star composite body is based on.

2018 #19 Hailie Deegan
In 2019, Lionel Racing released this in their NASCAR Authentics line, the car represents the one Deegan drove to her first career win in the Idaho 208 at Meridian Speedway.

2019 #77 Takuma Koga
A promo nobody saw coming represents Takuma Koga's Koshi No Kanbai Toyota that he drove at the East/West combination race at Iowa. This car should be available for purchase from the team after the Covid-19 pandemic comes to an end.

2019 #77 Takuma Koga
This promo was commissioned by either GR Garage or Toyota, and represents Koga's car from Evergreen. It first saw release at the 2020 Tokyo Auto Saloon. This car is available on a Japanese website, but is only being shipped to residents of Japan, luckily for me I bought mine on eBay.

Please let me know if I happened to miss any cars, and if you all want to see the Cup schemes and East teams that entered West races as well! Thank you all for reading!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts