Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denny Hamlin's victory at Phoenix was the 198th NASCAR Cup Series win for a car with a No. 11 on the side. That ties No. 43 for most all time.

The No. 43 hasn't visited victory lane since 1999, while the No. 11 has graced the winner's circle 18 times with Hamlin since 2006 (The number had not won before Hamlin since Bill Elliott in 1994).

Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - Wins by Car Numbers

·
Out and about
2,699 Posts
All the drivers who have won in the #11 should continue to bode well for Hamlin, eh? All of them won championships, though not necessarily in the #11 (Elliott).

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
All the drivers who have won in the #11 should continue to bode well for Hamlin, eh? All of them won championships, though not necessarily in the #11 (Elliott).
Waltrip, Yarborough, Labonte, Bodine?

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Scratch Bodine, add Ned Jarrett. Did Labonte ever win in the #11? He did win championships as well, but not in the #11.
I ment Geoff Bodine, and Yes Terry did win, He won a couple of races, Iknew he won at North Wilkesboro.

·
Out and about
2,699 Posts
Geoff Bodine never won a championship. My original post was not factual. It should have read, all the drivers listed on Jayski who have won in the #11 also won championships. I think this is why I keep confusing myself.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

8 champions (Ned Jarrett-2, Cale Yarborough-3, Darrell Waltrip-3)

Winners: Jarrett, Yarborough, Waltrip, Junior Johnson, Parnelli Jones, Mario Andretti, Bobby Allison, A.J. Foyt, Buddy Baker, Terry Labonte, Geoffrey Bodine, Bill Elliott, Denny Hamlin

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

7 Championships, all by Richard Petty

Winners: Lee Petty, Richard Petty, Jim Paschal, Bobby Hamilton, John Andretti

1 - 8 of 8 Posts