Diecast Crazy Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Crazy... you betcha!!!
13,993 Posts
While browsing Facebook this morning I stumbled upon an article in the Pole Position saying that the Throwback cars will be in the next wave of Lionel Authentics. 15 of them! The article says they should be in stores after Labor Day. More to be added afterwards. SOURCE

Here are the first wave of cars:
  • Austin Dillon’s No. 3 American Ethanol/Ricky Rudd Tribute
  • Kevin Harvick’s No. 4 Busch Darlington/Cale Yarborough Tribute
  • Trevor Bayne’s No. 6 AdvoCare/Mark Martin Tribute
  • Regan Smith’s No. 7 Nikko/Alan Kulwicki Tribute
  • Danica Patrick’s No. 10 Nature’s Bakery Special
  • Casey Mears’ No. 13 GEICO/Smokey Yunick Tribute
  • Ricky Stenhouse Jr.’s No. 17 Fastenal/Darrell Waltrip Tribute
  • Kyle Busch’s No. 18 Interstate Batteries/Dale Jarrett Tribute
  • Carl Edwards’ No. 19 ARRIS Throwback
  • Chase Elliott’s No. 24 NAPA Throwback
  • Paul Menard’s No. 27 Valvoline Throwback
  • Ryan Newman’s No. 31 Caterpillar/Ricky Rudd Tribute
  • Aric Almirola’s No. 43 STP/Richard Petty Tribute
  • Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s No. 88 Nationwide/Buddy Baker Tribute
I wonder why they didn't put the Denny Hamlin’s No. 11 Sport Clips Throwback on your list? Your list only shows 14 cars.

·
Crazy JGR fan
922 Posts
it will probably be like the ones from last year but probably more throwbackish

·
Crazy... you betcha!!!
13,993 Posts
I don't know why. I copied the list right from the article too.
Their list missed it, not you.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

·
2020 Pick One Champion
12,022 Posts
Just great, I went into Walmart a couple weeks ago and they had wave 1 and Spinmaster stuff still.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Distribution of NASCAR Authentics is as bad if not worse than Spin Master was. The teasing that Lionel throws out at collectors is a slap in the face of the people who want these cars because you won't be able to find them at Wally World and will be subjected to scalpers on FEEBAY. I wish I could be more positive about this but I know this release will be a bitch fest when they do start to surface.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Just great, I went into Walmart a couple weeks ago and they had wave 1 and Spinmaster stuff still.
My closest Walmart was 3 McMurray's and that's it.

Go Kyle Rowdy Busch!!

Reactions: ThePiedPiper

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
Well, that is nice but I haven't seen Wave 6 in stores, but I see Wave 5's Batman Superman stuff warming pegs. I hope they will be out then, but who knows. This year has been steady but now its stalled out due to overproduction of the Batman Superman cars, much like Spin Master overcooked its NASCAR UNITES line. This could suffer the same fate, these could warm the pegs until Christmas, they will sell but they need to get the other wave in stores first. Its too tempting and sucks I can't get them at the moment. I haven't bought a single 2016 diecast since April.

·
Crazy JGR fan
922 Posts
/\ I know both walmarts and target i live near still have wave 5 and some waves 4 and 3

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
heck my local walmart skipped Waves 3 and 4 and I wanted more Truex Pocono wins.

·
Go Sadler!
592 Posts
My Walmart still has Spinmaster Jimmie cars. And the Target can't seem to get rid of the last three Dale cars from wave 4

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
Distribution of NASCAR Authentics is as bad if not worse than Spin Master was. The teasing that Lionel throws out at collectors is a slap in the face of the people who want these cars because you won't be able to find them at Wally World and will be subjected to scalpers on FEEBAY. I wish I could be more positive about this but I know this release will be a bitch fest when they do start to surface.
Yep, I'm going to have to agree with this. My local Wal-Mart doesn't carry any Nascar stuff period, and the next closest Wal-Mart near me is 20 minutes away and that Wal-Mart gets scalped like crazy. Aside from those 2 Wal-Marts, there aren't any other ones around for miles.

·
2020 Pick One Champion
12,022 Posts
My Walmart still has Spinmaster Jimmie cars. And the Target can't seem to get rid of the last three Dale cars from wave 4

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I've seen the same in my Walmart. They still had Jimmie, Jeff 3M, and Junior KBB Spinmaster stuff last time I went in. The only stuff we got was wave 1 of the Lionel cars and the Superman/Batman display. Nothing at all since then.

·
Banned
4,679 Posts
IT seems like the stores don't get shipments until they sell a majority of what they were sent. Hell go buy all of what they have at your local Walmart and go return them to another store

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
All the Walmart's around me with one exception is stock piled with 88 Batman cars still. A few have the last remnants of spinmasters with McMurray's and Stewart Mobil 1 cars, but they aren't filling pegs like the 88 is.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts