Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone just wanted to share the last car i worked on. This is the first non race car i have attempted. This car started as a 2 tone green 2 door hardtop 1955 Buick. I wanted to make it as close to my grandfathers as i could. He had one way back when, and his was yellow and white. with a standard green on green interior. After a lot of trial and error the pics below is what I ended up with. And the best part is I was able to surprise him at Christmas with the car as a gift. It brought back a lot of memories for him. And giving it to him was the best part of my Christmas. :)

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

·
MoPaROrNoCaR
30,043 Posts
hi everyone just wanted to share the last car i worked on. This is the first non race car i have attempted. This car started as a 2 tone green 2 door hardtop 1955 Buick. I wanted to make it as close to my grandfathers as i could. He had one way back when, and his was yellow and white. with a standard green on green interior. After a lot of trial and error the pics below is what I ended up with. And the best part is I was able to surprise him at Christmas with the car as a gift. It brought back a lot of memories for him. And giving it to him was the best part of my Christmas. :)

View attachment 598870

View attachment 598872

View attachment 598876
View attachment 598878
Pretty cool. I remember my grandmother owning one of these, 50+ years ago... She loved her Buicks!

·
CraZy LuDiCrOuS
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
4,729 Posts
That is really cool Nate. I did something similar for my dad about 15 years ago. It was a plastic model kit of a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner. It wasn't perfect, but he loved it. When he passed, I kept the car and was happy when it survived the move from California to Ohio (several of my other models didn't fare as well).

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
That’s an excellent custom you made for your grandfather. It’s priceless. The stories behind it will never be forgotten, let alone the time to put it together. Nice Christmas gift

·
Premium Member
16,907 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts