Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the upcoming release of the 1/18 scale Batmobile and where I might be able to get my hands on a couple? I have seen them for pre-order on Ebay for $100+ but I don't think they'll actually run that much. I am wondering what stores will actually have them and how hard they will be to find. I don't normally collect Hot Wheels, but I was a big fan of the show and stumbled across the 1/64 by accident and found out that there is going to be a 1/43 and a 1/18 and I really want the big one as well. Any info would be appreciated.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Here's where I was gonna get mine, but I wanted an Elite and they are sold out. If I find another place, I'll let ya know.
http://www.diecastmusclecars.com/moviecarscoming.htm
They are making three versions, the retail, the Elite and the Super Elite. All are pre-oreder and the Elite and Super Elite are sold out. The retail version is really reasonably priced, but I don't think the detail will be very good.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the 1/18 standard-- got them from ToysRUs.com....

...and the back of the box, which I thought was pretty cool!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Looks really cool! I was wrong. The detail level is very good for a retail piece vs. a hobby piece. If I were buying one for myself, it would be that version, or maybe the Elite. The Super Elite is just too cost prohibitive for my wallet, but two of my old cistomers wanted them. I will post pics of them when they arrive. Here is a pic of the Elite, and it looks like there isn't much difference for the money between yours and the Elite. Nice pick-up there Spooleo! POW! ZAP! ZOWIE! BIFF! ::)

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you go to Toysrus.com, they have them in stock for $29.99 each, (at least, they did as of yesterday). They don't have a picture on the web site, but I ordered two, and shipping was about $9 total for both. It would have been $7 for one, so it was worth it to get two, because I have one sitting on my desk at work!! These are going for about $50 on Ebay, so I figure I got a good deal. I also checked Amazon.com, where they are still a pre-order (due to release on March 1st) and selling for 34.99. I had considered getting the elite, but this one is good enough for what I need. I haven't taken it out of the box (nor do I intend to) but from what I understand, the hood and trunk don't open. To be honest with you, I don't even remember them opening the hood or trunk in the TV show!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I never saw them open the hood, but they show the show in re-runs of course on the American Life channel, and the other night, Robin opened the trunk to put something ina lead lined compartment. LOL! That show is a HOOT!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy Revelations Batman!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Movie-Adam-West/dp/B00005LOUK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204205119&sr=8-1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Holy-Batmania-Batman-Holy/dp/B0002W4UXE/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204205141&sr=8-3[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Return-Batcave-Amy-Acker/dp/B0007WFXNU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204205159&sr=8-4[/ame]

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
We got a shipment of these in last week , must say i have been impressed, our first 5 cases were gone in about 3 days (of course most of those were presold). Ordered another 12 pieces to take to a show with me on Saturday but only have 2 pieces left allready in the store. For the price point of $35ish its a VERY nice car. Can't wait to see the detailin the Elite and Super Elite have to offer!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I didn't know you sold muscle cars Scott. I have alott of old cistomers who collect them. I will keep you in mind when I need some more. :yes:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I sell some 1:18 scale stuff in the stores. Carry RC2, Exact Detail, GMP, Jada, Mattell, Highway 61, Supercar, Shelby Collectibles, Franklin Mint, all the fun stuff :)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Very cool. Is there a way to get email updates when you have new arrivals and/or pre-orders available?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I opened the standard batmobile I have at work so I could display it outside of the box. Here are a few more details about it. The car is all plastic but looks pretty good. It is screwed to the base of the box by four phillips screws, but nowhere near as hard to remove as the Action COT's. The hood and trunk do not open (no surprise there) but the doors do. Overall, not a bad looking piece for $30, but I wouldn't pay much more for it. I hope the elite is diecast though. I would be very disappointed to pay $80+ for a plastic car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I believe the site I posted has the new Kitt, but I have never seen the original done by anyone.

www.DiecastMusclecars.Com
Stock Number DC08KR02
Year / Make / Model Knight Rider Shelby (KITT)
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Black
Manufacture Shelby Collectibles
Scale 1:18
Production Number -
Release Date 2008
Retail Price $44.95
Our Price $38.95 / Accepting Pre-Orders

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Ertl a few years back produced a 1:18 KITT and for those diehards who remember it a KAAR (or was it spelled KARR?) which had the silver two tone paint job.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
diecastcarsnc said:
Ertl a few years back produced a 1:18 KITT and for those diehards who remember it a KAAR (or was it spelled KARR?) which had the silver two tone paint job.
thunder_alley1984 said:
I just hope it doesn't have the wing on it...I want the baseline KITT from the movie. Be cool if they did Bumblebee also in a true collectors edition. That Camaro makes me drool more then the Batmobile did when I was little.
It looks like the full blown KITT, not the base line as you want, but I guess one is better than none?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts