Diecast Crazy Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NIB Action C/W/C Dale Earnhardt Sr 1964 Chevelle 1st Asphalt Win (Limited Edition) for Trade.

I will Trade for one of the following 1:24's

Richard Petty Wix Filters 1964 Plymouth MIB

or the Action Jeff Gordon Retro (2005)1993 Rookie Lumina car.

Kile Busch 2008 Action M&M COT.

Dale Jr's 2008 Action National Guard #88 COT.

To do a Trade you must provide superior references (I don't know any of you here yet)
I have 100% pos FB 382 worth on evil bay under Ibldkarz

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 1974 Earnhardt Sr 1st Asphalt Win Trade or Sale

Esp looking for this car

Action 2005 Jeff Gordon 1993 Rookie

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Karz said:
I have a NIB Action C/W/C Dale Earnhardt Sr 1964 Chevelle 1st Asphalt Win (Limited Edition) for Trade.

To do a Trade you must provide superior references (I don't know any of you here yet)
Define what a "superior reference" is. We don't know you either. We have a feedback section, and I have done trades here with several people that I didn't know before I got here. I think it's a bit presumptuous of you to come on here demanding "superior references" for trades when we don't know you from any other schmuck on the internet.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kspool said:
Karz said:

Define what a "superior reference" is. We don't know you either. We have a feedback section, and I have done trades here with several people that I didn't know before I got here. I think it's a bit presumptuous of you to come on here demanding "superior references" for trades when we don't know you from any other schmuck on the internet.
when it was originally posted i was kinda like .... "What? and exactly who are you?" that why i just ignored the post and forgot about it all together. lol

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
You have allot of nerve, comming to the board, being accepted as you have been, and demanding superior references when we don't know you from Adam.
We have a feedback section that can be checked, and you aren't in it yet but you expect us to trade w/you.
I trade w/anybody unless the boards feedback section showes he/she has problems. It is the nature of the hobby. If I get ripped, I know not to trade w/that person again, and I make sure everybody know's about it.
What goes around comes around, and I have news for you. That car is not worth any of the cars you are looking for. You probably won't get a bite. But if I WAS interested, I wouldn't trade w/you now if I wanted that car to finish my Sr. collection, as you have highly offended me.
If you are so highly rated on EBay, find someone to trade w/you there. Oh yeah, ya can't trade on EBay.
Guess yer outta luck....

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For Christ F'in sakes is there ANYWHERE on this site I can post without catching a lotta BS??
I have traded and sold on my Photography sites for the past 3yrs with 100% pos FB....same with the Model Car forums I was on for 5yrs ....Sold and bought on Ebay with 100% Pos FB since 1999.
All of which have involved way more $$$ than we are talking here!
It's my right to make the claim for ref if I so choose and I have plenty of Ref outside of this forum to stand on personally.

If you don't like the demands then why even post to it if your not interested?

Both of you Guys have greeted me with a sharp stick in the eye since day one here!!
NEVER has there been a Forum at any time in my past 10yrs or so I've been on the web that I've caught so much crap.
Esp from Guys that claim to be Adults!

You can put your sharp sticks away as I'll find another place.
I'll NEVER refer ANYONE to this site after all this!!

I've tried to be patient but enough is enough...to old for this and life is too short!!

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kspool said:
Karz said:

That's why I left my outside ref for others to check on.....duhhh!
I have superior ref and expect the same.....you don't like it then why even post.
(oh wait it's KARZ the new Guy lets beat on Him some more)
Funny I haven't had any problems posting this at my other forums when I was new there... just here.
Guess it's only a free country outside of this site??

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I thought you left? Hadda stick around long enough to post again? You are something else. I stated my opinion about how I felt. If you would think before you post, you wouldn't have the problems you have.
As I stated there is a feedback section to this forum. Check it if you wanna know what someone is like.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Out of over 500 members, you are the first one to barge onto this board and DEMAND superior references. Everyone else on here takes people at face value. I want to know what the hell makes you so damn special. You come on here and by making that post act like you're better than everyone else because you have x number of feedback on Ebay. I have news for you-- I would be surprised if anyone on here is not offended by that. I am just a bit more vocal than most people on here. I can go through hundreds of classified posts and not find a single other post where anyone on here has ever done that before.

·
Vocal Member
3,179 Posts
Then why even post a trade offer if you dont trust anybody here??? I can give you joe blows name with 10,000 postive feedbacks from ebay, that still woudnt prove that its me, half of those locations are so vague. I understand you not wanting to get ripped off, but you came across a bit un trusting to EVERYONE. My advice to you is to join a site, and get to know a few people, and see how things work, how people are, and decide for yourself who you would and wouldnt trade with. There are certainly people on here that I wouldnt trade with, but there are most guys on here that I would and have. Bottom line, a reference from somebody you dont know is a reference that you wont ever know until you give it a shot. Its called the Internet, there are scammers everywhere on it, and even guys with 100% feedback on ebay have a first time to be a ripoff. If you have been here for any amount of time, and have nobody that you would call a friend yet, then thats your fault, or you havent spent enough time on the site to gain that trust. In which case, YOU should have never posted this if you didnt trust anybody yet.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Karz said:
For Christ F'in sakes is there ANYWHERE on this site I can post without catching a lotta BS??
I have traded and sold on my Photography sites for the past 3yrs with 100% pos FB....same with the Model Car forums I was on for 5yrs ....Sold and bought on Ebay with 100% Pos FB since 1999.
All of which have involved way more $$$ than we are talking here!
It's my right to make the claim for ref if I so choose and I have plenty of Ref outside of this forum to stand on personally.

If you don't like the demands then why even post to it if your not interested?

Both of you Guys have greeted me with a sharp stick in the eye since day one here!!
NEVER has there been a Forum at any time in my past 10yrs or so I've been on the web that I've caught so much crap.
Esp from Guys that claim to be Adults!

You can put your sharp sticks away as I'll find another place.
I'll NEVER refer ANYONE to this site after all this!!

I've tried to be patient but enough is enough...to old for this and life is too short!!
You act like every time you post you get shit.
If you look back over your posts, (by the way you can do that, just like you can check how other people have done here on trades and just plain GIVING cars to each other) you will see that there is a pattern to getting SHARP STICKS STUCK UP YOUR ASS. You ask for it you get it. Now get offa your high horse and try to be a good collector and if ya help ya get helped. Try a little trust and little less HAUGHTINESS.
BTW, I'm old enough to be your father, and I don't give if it isn't deserved. Don't tell me how short life is, I know and I've been there.
Ask anybody here, I'll bend over backwards to hjelp someone, and have given stuff away, and will continue to. It's about the hobby Dude, not about covering yer ASS.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
i don't know how it is on any of your other boards but on the 2 i frequent, a new member has to earn the trust of the established members. as a new member you just don't start demanding anything without pissing off the other members. this board along with the other one has a section you can go to to find out who is or isn't a good person to deal with and if a board doesn't, then ask some of the other members about that person and then decide if you want to deal with them.

it is just like being the new guy at a job, on a team etc......

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I agree with a lot of what's been said. On other sites that I'm a part of, new members MUST send first, regardless of past 'references,' until feedback/trust is built.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Hell, in most of the trades I do, I just send at the same time. That's just how I am used to doing business, unless it's someone I have reason to doubt that they'll follow through with a deal.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
kspool said:
Hell, in most of the trades I do, I just send at the same time. That's just how I am used to doing business, unless it's someone I have reason to doubt that they'll follow through with a deal.
Same here, Kspool as well with other have sent me stuff before I paid or mailed my trade. It's called trust and we have plenty of trustworthy members on here.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kspool said:
exactly, i have done the same on here with several collectors. The only one i have ever waited on my end of the deal first was Kahnefan, but hell everyone knows why I waited. But as stated earlier about ebay feedback scores.......even Kahnefan has a 100% on ebay. So does that mean we should have all trusted his "superior references"? When I was new to this board and I made my first couple of deals, I talked to Larkin first and asked if he knew anything on that member, but that was before we had the feedback section. But still even I had to earn my "dues" around here, even though i walked in here with "superior references" from ebay and a fellow member of this site backing me. I knew that I was the new guy on the block and i had to watch my step and not rock the boat....................I just waited till i was here for a little while and got comfortable before I completely flipped it, lol.

So dont take it as we are singleing out the new guy.......hell we have all been "the new guy" at some point. If you go back and look at what you posted before you got "poked with a sharp stick" maybe you would see why it happened. I know you have talked about not being in the "clique". Well yea i guess to a point we do have certain circles around here, but I wouldnt call it a "clique". What we are is a tightly knit family. We may have problems with a member or 2 from time to time but we have gotten accustomed to things around here and take it lightly when one of us gets offended. Hell Ken and I have had problems, Tater and I have had an issue before, but do I claim them any less than my "net family"?........NO! Depending on the situation, I would still go to bat for them in a heartbeat. Now if they are asking for it...... I will let them know the same.....ask Nick. And hell while you are at it ask Ken if he just automatically fit in with us, he joined about a year ago and he worked his way into our "inner circle" and all is good. But if he would have come in and popping off at the mouth like he owed the joint, then trust me, I dont think he would still be here. I am in a position on this site as a Moderator and I will do my job as I see and the site sees fit.

Spool and Nick have had their issues and I have went to bat for Nick because at times it wasnt warranted. But at others times I have told him "dude you are asking for it", and he accepts my advice. Now if he listens to my advice that is on him, but at that time is when my pinch-hitting stops. Now does this mean since I took up for Nick that now i automatically have a problem with Spool?.......No! Because in the same aspect he is a well trusted member of this site and I would end up going to bat for him if the occasion arose. I have not always agreed with his views but I respect him all the same.

You on the other hand have asked for way too much out of this site and demanded that we just automatically trust you but we have to prove ourselves to you. I am not saying you should leave but at the same time I am not telling you to stay. You do what you see is fit for you. as for us.............life goes on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.