Diecast Crazy Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I messed up on the 85...sorry! Mea culpa.

The Loy Allen #19 is from 1994. The Premier car is shown but the basic car is not, I lost mine. One of a few that I have and can't find...that I remember. I keep finding others I had and didn't remember, lol.

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
This was also my first season, I began watching races as well. I watched the very same 1993 Daytona 500 and watched Dale Jarrett go to victory lane. I got Richard Petty's car for Christmas that year in 1992, among others and after that I pretty much wanted my grandparents and parents to get me cars, and most of my collection stayed at my grandparents as at my house my room was too small to keep it. But my first 3 were cars were Richard Petty 43, Todd Bodine 34, and Tom Peck, and Dave Marcis.
My first 1993 cars were Davey Allison and then later I got Ricky Rudd and Harry Gant.

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
Last time a diecast car was issued for Davey Allison as a full time driver his scheme was 1987-89 was made several times, I got one of his 1993 cars a few weeks before his death in 1993. Final time Alan Kulwicki’s car was issued as a full time driver, but Jimmy Hensley and Tommy Kendall #7s were made. Final time the red Motorcraft 15 car was made with Geoff Bodine driving. First year black window cars got the new Ford Thunderbird tooling started by the Premier, the only 1992 to get it was Andy Belmont. First time the cars had contingencies tampo’d on the side, 1992 just had stickers. First time yellow lettered tires were used on the cars, Goodyear switched from white to yellow lettering. Also first time a 43 was not made by Racing Champions until 1996 when Bobby Hamilton was driving. Also this was Dale Earnhardt’s next to last Racing Champions appearance, and the final die cast appearance for Ricky Rudd in the Tide Chevrolet. And the first diecast issue for the 24 of Jeff Gordon, Jeff’s debut in diecast came in 1992 when his Baby Ruth car was made.

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
The Jimmy Horton should be under ARCA, as it was Jimmy Horton's ARCA race-winning Daytona car as he won the 1992 season opener for the ARCA Series. It has the distinctive 32 and Active Trucking logos of the car Horton drove to victory lane.

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
Overall, 1993 was important for a variety of reasons. Racing Champions finally did away with stickers for some driver's cars and went with tampo graphics. Ernie Irvan still had stickers for his car but the rest no longer used stickers for contingencies and they had contingencies put on many of the cars.
Of note, here are the cars that got a major upgrade in '93.
* Ford Thunderbirds got a new body tooling this year, it was used twice the previous year on some cars but in 1993 this style went mainstream. The old bodies were still used for some drivers like Bill Elliott and Davey Allison who got a variation of their 1992 cars in a 1993 edition pack for Racing Champions.
* Dale Earnhardt's car got a white numbered 3 and contingencies and gray trim. Also for his card, Earnhardt just got a photo of himself sitting in his car, helmet and goggles on.
* Ken Schrader had the #25 stylized differently and had Valvoline as an associate sponsor.
* Harry Gant drove a Chevrolet and also had Oldsmobiles produced with yellow tires used in 1993.
* Jeff Gordon had his '92 debut car released as well as his 1993. 1992 lacked the SUVA decal on the lower side decklid and 1993 had the decal.
* Dale Jarrett had a more darker green paint scheme and red numbers, 1992 his car had a more lime green color and hot pink numbers which weren't all that accurate. Shell was also added and Food Lion was no longer a sticker on the trunk.
* Darrell Waltrip's car finally wasn't all stickers and actually looked pretty good, Darrell Waltrip's card was almost the same as his 1992 issue except this time he has his hands on the steering wheel.
* Davey Allison had a new Thunderbird body style as well as the 7up decal, and the proper yellow trim where it doesn't go completely around the car.
* Morgan Shepherd and the Wood Brothers had a brand new scheme with more red.
* Sterling Marlin spent 1993 with the Stavola Brothers and had the Raybestos scheme carried over from the Allison team.
* McDonalds not only debuted as a paint scheme this year, they also released several character themed cars. Also the #27 had unique packaging exclusive to it.
* Mark Martin, Ernie Irvan, Kyle Petty, Geoff Bodine, Ken Schrader, Ricky Rudd, Harry Gant, Rusty Wallace and Bill Elliott all had virtually the same schemes from 1992 along with Earnhardt and Waltrip who had upgrades.
* Ernie Irvan got an updated diecast for his time in the #28 in which he got two victories at Martinsville and Charlotte in the fall and he gets a card that shows him in victory lane at Martinsville.

Reactions: Texas3
21 - 36 of 36 Posts