Diecast Crazy Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
[MENTION=332]Billy Kingsley[/MENTION] I caught this on your Facebook page with the one offs but 1997 Racing Champions produced 2 Tammy Jo Kirk Trucks one was numbered #7 the other #07

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
[MENTION=332]Billy Kingsley[/MENTION] I know you were looking for one of the Close Call on the Hood

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
I honestly never cared for the red or orange the Wood Brothers used on Michael Waltrip's car in 1996-1998, the worst part is they never seemed to get it right on diecast, it looks more pink or orange in the cars I have. I like the car they used at Charlotte in the fall of 1997 though which was a retro scheme.

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
Looks like I am in the minority here [MENTION=332]Billy Kingsley[/MENTION] because I actually liked the Plus Hood Dale Earnhardt ran in late 1997 through 1998. But I liked it because it was different but after a while, the look kind of wore out its welcome.

·
Landon Cassill Fan
157 Posts
Hey Billy, just chiming in to say that Hot Wheels also did the retro #28 on its 1996-98 Thunderbird body. I believe it may have been a promo, mine came in one of the short black HW "Pro Circuit" boxes.

As far as I know, it's also the only HW released with white-lettered tires as opposed to yellow.

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
@Billy Kingsley I don't remember much of 1997 either, I do remember the Daytona 500 with Dale Earnhardt flipping over and finishing the event. I also remember Jeff Gordon winning the Winston Million but other than the championship finale, I don't remember much, I had a serious illness as well and I had seizures(to this day no one knows why I had them in the late 90's I still have no idea). But whatever the case my memory is very foggy as a result of them so I don't remember much of 1997.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts