Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
99 CraZy
484 Posts
Nice job. Glad to actually see what his first cup start car looked like.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Looking good so far Mike!

G

·
nice work! one learns something new every day.I was unaware of this scheme or this attempt at all. I knew he actually ran his first cup race in Bill Elliott's Get Back with Big Mac scheme and I think that was at Dover.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Great looking work as always!!!

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
So what race did Matt attempt this car in and fail to qualify? My guess is that it was owned by Mark Martin, basically one of his Busch cars adjusted for Cup racing.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so what race did matt attempt this car in and fail to qualify? My guess is that it was owned by mark martin, basically one of his busch cars adjusted for cup racing.

it was listed as a roush entry...and has roush racing logos on the nose ....

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
It was Talledega, and no he didn't qualify. not sure of the owner!
Talladega? Really? No wonder he didn't make it. Kenseth did win Daytona this year but I never considered Roush drivers plate masters, they are better at intermediate and short tracks or tracks that look similar to each other.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
That's one I'll be doing very soon...I consider 1998 to be one of the best years- and perhaps the most important for me in the sport- yet I've not done any of the cars from that year yet (granted, it was a GOOD year for Diecast, too! Don't have much to build!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts