Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else thank nascar waved the caution way to soon and stealing the win from jr because he was gaining on stewart and in most cases they hold the flag when its the last lap ... or hold it a little longer than they did ...... just my opinon ...

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
It was the final lap and they did crash in the back of the field, well out of the other cars path so the yellow was probably thrown prematurely especially since its a huge track like Daytona. But that is typical NASCAR, they love their yellow flags, especially the "phantom" debris flags...lol

Would Dale Jr. have caught Tony, we never will know now.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
If Danica hadn't crashed as hard as she did I think Nascar would have held the flag. But that was a huge hit and whenever anyone wrecks that hard you throw the yellow instantly.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Stealing a win from Jr? Jr. is like the NASCAR mascot. If they were going to help anyone win it would be Jr. In this case they would have never thrown the yellow and let Jr catch up. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I see NO reason that NASCAR would purposely try to keep Jr from winning. That's nuts to think that they would. I agree that in most cases they try not to end a race under the yellow flag but due to the severity of the crash, they probably felt it was best to take care of that situation immediately. It pained me to watch Jr come soo close, but it happens. =(

·
Registered
903 Posts
Oh make no mistake I was screaming at the top of my lungs for the first win in a long time, and make no mistake he would have caught and made the pass, but it was such a hard hit, I think there was mucho concern at that time, and especially with all the publicity put on her. Got to give kudos to her for jumping right back in it and taking the Nationwide pole...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts