Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Busch Wacker
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the Updated 2001 Nascar Busch Series 1:64 Guide.

I have found alot of Errors in Billy's list for most of the Busch Series from 2000 to 2004, Now I only collected the 2000 - 2003 years because of Nesquik and Scott Riggs. I decided to take some pictures and post a list of all the Busch Series Diecast That I have been able to find this year. I have posted which ones are Promotional Items, and Who made them. I have been keeping notes on which ones were made from different Companies: Action/Winners Circle/Team Caliber/Hot Wheels. Most will be updated if other versions are found, and help of other collectors of course. These list are subject to change. I will also note which ones are really hard to find and near darn impossible to find these days. (HTF = Hard To Find / VHTF = Very Hard To Find.) I will post back stories on certain Diecast as time permits.

(1)#1 Jimmy Spencer - Yellow / Team Caliber (Has Headlights)
This car ran for a majority of the races, given the 5 different drivers that year. P.J. Jones started off the year, with Bobby Hamilton, Kevin Lepage, & Joe Ruttman filling in when Spencer couldn't. Now Team Caliber made this car in 1:24 and 1:64 with Headlights

(2)#2 Kevin Harvick - AC Delco / Winner's Circle
This car ran for a majority of the season, and ended up winning the Championship at seasons end. This is likely the only Car Winner's Circle made for the 2001 Busch Series.

(3)#7 Randy Lajoie - Kleenex / Racing Champions
This car ran a majority of the season. Now on contrast to billy's list, Racing champions did not release any of the other Promo versions of this car, I.E. Food City, and Cub Foods. Now he did run a Winn-Dixie, Vons, and Bi-Lo on the Quarter Panel for some races, but if RC did make those, they have yet to be seen.

(4)#10 Jeff Green - Nesquik / Hot Wheels
This car ran for a majority of the season as it did in 2000 thru 2003.

(5)#10 Jeff Green - Nestea / Promo / Team Caliber
This car ran at Watkins Glen. This diecast came in a special Promo Box made by Team Caliber

(6)#25 Randy Tolsma - Marines / Hot Wheels
This car ran for 11 races. It comes on the normal blister packaging from hot Wheels.

(7)#25 Randy Tolsma - Marines American / Hot Wheels
I could never really find a real picture of this car on Track. Randy only made 12 starts in this car and at season's end left NASCAR to a point. There is only 1 race that had a special Paint scheme, and that was ran at Rockingham for Toys for Tots.

(8)#26 Bobby Hamilton Jr. - Dr.Pepper /Promo / Racing Champions / HTF
This car ran for the full season. It comes on a special Promo Blister Pack from RC. This is also one of the rare finds, The only way to actually get this car, is to find the error Promo Ron Hornaday 2002 promo. In 2001 Bobby Hamilton Jr was driving this car, He left at seasons end to drive for Ed Rensi Racing in the Famed #25 Marines car. Well for some reason instead of making new diecast for 2002, they released a promo with Ron Hornaday Jr's name on the Blister pack, but still had Hamilton's name on the car, even though Lydon Amick drove this car in 2002 before going oversea's to fight for our country, in which lead to Ron Hornaday driving.

(9)#33 Tony Raines - Bayer / Promo / Team Caliber
This car ran for 5 races. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was a smaller box, unlike the counter part CVS version.

(10)#33 Tony Raines - Bayer/CVS / Promo / Team Caliber
This car actually did run with CVS Pharmacy on the Quater Panel at Loudon. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was the standard Lionel looking box.

(11)#33 Tony Raines - Alka Seltzer / Promo / Team Caliber
This car ran for 11 races. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was a smaller box, unlike the counter part CVS version.

(12)#33 Tony Raines - Alka Seltzer/CVS / Promo / Team Caliber
This car actually never did run with CVS Pharmacy on the Quater Panel. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was the standard Lionel looking box.

(13)#33 Tony Raines - Aleve / Promo / Team Caliber
This car ranfor 8 races. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was a smaller box, unlike the counter part CVS version.

(14)#33 Tony Raines - Aleve/CVS / Promo / Team Caliber
This car actually never did run with CVS Pharmacy on the Quater Panel. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was the standard Lionel looking box.

(15)#33 Tony Raines - Alka Seltzer Heartburn / Promo / Team Caliber / VHTF
This car ran at California. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was a smaller box, unlike the counter part CVS version.

(16)#33 Tony Raines - Alka Seltzer Heartburn/CVS / Promo / Team Caliber / VHTF

(17)#33 Tony Raines - Alka Seltzer Plus / Promo / Team Caliber
This car ran for 8 races. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This box was a smaller box, unlike the counter part CVS version.

(18)#33 Tony Raines - Alka Seltzer Plus/CVS / Promo / Team Caliber

(19)#34 David Green - AFG / Racing Champions
This car ran for a majority of the season. Was released by RC on the normal blister packaging.

(20)#36 Hank Parker Jr. - GNC / Racing Champions
This car ran for a majority of the season. Was released by RC on the normal blister packaging.

(21)#38 Christain Elders - Great Clips / Promo / Racing Champions / VHTF
This car ran for the full season. It comes on a special Promo Blister Pack from RC.
Probably one of the hardest promo's to get made by RC. I have seen 0 pop up on ebay this year, let alone a picture of the actually packaging.

(22)#43 Jay Sauter - Morton Salt / Promo / Racing Champions / HTF
This car ran for 5 races. It comes on a special Promo Blister Pack from RC. This is one diecast that looked exactly like the race car, but RC did not include Quality Farm Stores on the Quater Panel, where Morton Salt is written.

(23)#57 Jason Keller - Albertsons / Racing Champions

(24)#59 Rich Bickle - Kingsford / Promo / Racing Champions / HTF
This car ran for 20 races. It comes on a special Promo Blister Pack from RC. This one was somewhat hard to find this year, acouple have popped up over this year going from around the 5 to 10 range on Ebay. This also is one of the teams that had a different driver every year until 2002 when Stacy Compton drove until 2005ish.

(25)#60 Greg Biffle - Grainger / Team Caliber / Hot Wheels
This car ran for a majority of the season. We released by Hot Wheels on the normal blister packaging, along with Team Caliber had 2 versions, the Blister Card version and the Standard Plastic sealed version.

(26)#63 Lance Hall - Lance Snacks / Promo / Racing Champions / VHTF
This car ran the full season. It comes on a special Promo Box from RC, that was likely given out at the race track by Lance Snacks. This one is another one that is really hard to find this year. I like to note this team and 2 others were part of the sponsor switch-a-roo from the 2000 season, where as the #25 was sponsor by Lance, jumped over to the #63, that was Previously sponsored by Exxon, before leaving NASCAR in 2002.

(27)#66 Tim Fedewa - Phillips 66 / Racing Champions

(28)#71 Kevin Lepage - State Fair Corndogs - Yellow / Promo / Team Caliber
This car ran for 10 races. It comes on a special Promo Blister Pack from Team Caliber. You can find these very well on Ebay this year.

(29)#71 Kevin Lepage - State Fair Corndogs - Red / Promo / Team Caliber
This car Didn't actually race. There were two scheme that were ran in 2001, the one above and a Ball Park car. It comes on a special Promo Blister Pack from Team Caliber. You can find these very well on Ebay this year.

(30)#87 Joe Nemecheck - Cellular one / Racing Champions

(31)#92 Jimmie Johnson - Excedrin PM / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Richmond, Kentucky, Gateway, IRP, Bristol, & Richmond. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine.

(32)#92 Jimmie Johnson - Excedrin (red) / Promo / Racing Champions / VHTF
This car ran for most of the races. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine. This one is probably the Hardest to get this year. They have some that come across ebay, but those are Andy Houston's 2002 versions.

(33)#92 Jimmie Johnson - Excedrin Cooling Relief / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Darlington. It comes on a special Promo Box that was featured ontop the medicine.

(34)#98 Elton Sawyer - Starter / Racing Champions
This car ran at Kentucky. It comes on a regular Blister Pack from RC.

(35)#98 Elton Sawyer - University of Tennessee / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Bristol. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(36)#98 Elton Sawyer - University of North Carolina / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Charlotte. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(37)#98 Elton Sawyer - Purdue University / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at IRP. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(38)#98 Elton Sawyer - University of Wisconsin / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Milwaukee. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(39)#98 Elton Sawyer - North Carolina State / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Charlotte. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(40)#98 Elton Sawyer - University of Michigan / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Michigan. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(41)#98 Elton Sawyer - University of Miami / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Miami. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(42)#98 Elton Sawyer - Illinois University / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Gateway. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(43)#98 Elton Sawyer - University of Georgia
/ Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Atlanta. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(44)#98 Elton Sawyer - Kansas State University / Racing Champions / VHTF
This car ran at Kansas. It comes on the regular Blister Pack from RC. Please excuse the lighting on this one.

(45)#98 Elton Sawyer - Auburn University / Racing Champions / VHTF
This car ran at Talladega. It came on the regular Blister Pack from RC. This one along with the one above is probably the two hardest to get from the set.

(46)#98 Elton Sawyer - Nebraska University. / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Pikes Peak. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(47)#98 Elton Sawyer - Eastern Carolina University / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Rockinham. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

(48)#98 Elton Sawyer - University of Connecticut / Promo / Racing Champions
This car ran at Loudon. It comes on a special Blister Pack from RC.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... I have different sets for each year. Ill probably start taking pictures of thr 2002 series next month after i get all this done.

·
CraZy Collector
759 Posts
I can't believe all those Elton Sawyer's were made. I only have the regular one he ran at Kentucky, plus the 1998 Barbasol car and the 1994 Quality Credit one. I'd love to score the Lysol one from 1999 or 2000, plus these bad boys.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#48 Kenny Wallace - Goulds Pumps / Racing Champions / PROMO / VHTF

@Dale3DaleJr88 I tried to add this to the original post, but the new Server won't allow me to, and gives the limit 20 pictures.

·
AKA Leadfoot
107,851 Posts
#48 Kenny Wallace - Goulds Pumps / Racing Champions / PROMO / VHTF

@Dale3DaleJr88 I tried to add this to the original post, but the new Server won't allow me to, and gives the limit 20 pictures.
There is nothing we can do. It's their limit and I can't change it. You can just add a new post or edit your second post and starting putting pictures in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts