Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Some people just way over value their diecast. $700 for that car? Give me a break. I also think it's funny how he calls the DIN a VIN. You would think an experienced collector like that would know the difference. I believe he was a member of this board for a while, and if I remember correctly, he was quite the pompous ass.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
But, but, but... it has DAYTONA in the description. That's got to be worth something!!!:wink:

The guy is either uninformed or flat out lying but even if it was the raced version I doubt it's worth $700. Some people are just goofy.:crazy:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
The actual raced version has confetti on it; I know because I have one. There was also a shell white gold (standard) released that year, but who knows-- the Daytona raced win prototype may have been produced without confetti. I haven't seen the prototype myself, and I don't know what the DIN (not VIN) on this car is.

Regardless, this car is not worth $600. I believe I actually have the door number (thanks to a fellow board member) and that car is not worth $600! In addition, I believe that in general, more than 2 of the 0000 cars are produced. [MENTION=175]NEW2[/MENTION] might be able to provide a little more insight on that as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts