Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV Coverage:
Saturday
1-2:30 FOX
2:30-6, 8-10 Speed

Sunday
6am-2pm Speed

The Gainsco combo of Alex Gurney, Jimmy Vasser, Jon Fogarty and Bob Stallings grabbed the pole.

NASCAR notables in the starting lineup:
Jeff Gordon- 2nd
Jimmie Johnson- 3rd
Bobby Labonte- 6th
AJ Almindinger- 10th
Juan Montoya- 12th
Tony Stewart- 14th
Sam Hornish, Jr- 22nd
Bill Lester- 23rd
Wally Dalenbach- 25th
Borris Said- 26th
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
Could be fun to watch on TV, but that is the most GRUELING of Races!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like we could have a wild card thrown into the mix check out the weather:

This Afternoon: Partly cloudy, with a high near 71. South southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Periods of showers after midnight. Low around 57. South wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers before 11am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 68. Windy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph becoming west northwest.

Sunset Tonight: 6 PM
Sunrise Sunday: 7:15 AM

Which means 13 1/4 hours of this will be in the dark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll start my rant here, first of all copycating ESPN on ABC was pretty dumb and ESPN on ABC in itself is pretty dumb, so guess what that makes Speed on FOX

And Grand-Am.com han't been much better thier audio and live timing has sucked balls.

But luckily thier HTML "plain Jane" verson halfway works.

Looks like the 58 has taken the lead, with Montoya's/Pruett's team in second, and Dixon and Wheldon's team in 3rd.

Other Notables as of 186 laps
Johnson- 5th 1 lap back
Said-10th 4 laps back
Gordon- 11th 5 laps back
Labonte- 14th 7 laps back
Dalenbach- 17th 9 laps back
Lester- 19th 11 laps back
Hornish/Castroneves- 32nd 17 laps back
Stewart- 36th 19 laps back
The 00 team- 38th 20 laps back
Tracy/Almindinger- 50th 33 laps back
The 99 team- 55th 52 laps back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,883 Posts
Congrats to the team! But can Chip put the money down to win a Nextel Chamionship like they put into those cars in the 24 hrs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
harley2001 said:
Congrats to the team! But can Chip put the money down to win a Nextel Chamionship like they put into those cars in the 24 hrs?
Nextel Cup is different than other types of racing, you cant win with money, you win with the right people.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
Kinda dissapointing coverage. Bobby Labonte's car was running top 10 all race long and they finally interviewed him with 20 mins left in the race. Also that car that hit the guardrail by the light stand they never really said what happened other than the driver got knocked out for like 8mins and was at the hospital awake and going under tests. I like it better in the past when they did the recaps and covered every hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JJ48Fan said:
Kinda dissapointing coverage. Bobby Labonte's car was running top 10 all race long and they finally interviewed him with 20 mins left in the race. Also that car that hit the guardrail by the light stand they never really said what happened other than the driver got knocked out for like 8mins and was at the hospital awake and going under tests. I like it better in the past when they did the recaps and covered every hour.
Yeah, not as good as usual.

But congrats to the Gannasi team on that win.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
Yeah it was a good race. 3 DP cars on the lead lap 6 seconds apart with 3 hours reaming, can't ask for more!. Also the GT class was pretty close. Sucks for that one Porsche that blew up with like 1hour 30minutes left when he was leading in class.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JJ48Fan said:
Yeah it was a good race. 3 DP cars on the lead lap 6 seconds apart with 3 hours reaming, can't ask for more!. Also the GT class was pretty close. Sucks for that one Porsche that blew up with like 1hour 30minutes left when he was leading in class.
Yeah thats the mystique of the Rolex 24 for ya.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top