Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you already know, the folks at Topps decided to have a little fun with the new 2007 Derek Jeter card. It is card #40 in the set of the newly released Topps Series 1 baseball. If you look closely at the card, President Bush is visible in the stands waving to the crowd and Mickey Mantle is standing in the dugout holding a bat. The card was selling for .50-$2.00 on eBay before this story broke. I checked today and now they are selling for well over $100 ! Spokepeople from Topps have not said if another version of the card would be produced. I expect there to be another version made because the image of our President cannot be used for commercial gain without consent from the White House. Knowing what a baseball fan President Bush is, he is probably o.k. with it but we will see.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
You know if there is one "misprint" there has to be more than that, I mean why not, if you have goofed using the President why not make a
couple more blockbuster cards to make your sales skyrocket.

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
BillFan9 said:
Man I checked a crapload of rack packs today and didn't find a thing. I have never been that lucky. I went to Mooresville today and bought 3 boxes and got that one Jeter. When I went beck to get the other 4 they were gone. I wish I could pull a freakin all-star jersey card or something. I have bought like 15-20 boxes and haven't got any auto's or game used.
i checked target yesterday i went through about 40 of those rack packs, i seen a jeter card but then i realized it was also of hideki matsui i was close but no cigar

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.