Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys seen the 08 CFS pre-orders yet? It seems they have added the DEI stable this year. They also have a special scheme for Blaney already. Seems the current lineup as of right now is Blaney, Yeley, Martin, Truex, Menard, and Robby Gordon. I really hope they add Mayfield and Riggs when their sponsors get announced cause I know Action wont do them.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Hmmm.. interesting that DEI is with CFS... but Im intrigued. Hopefully they step up their game with the COT's, because last years models were beyond horrible. They have the correct splitter.. so thats a start.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
You really thought they were that bad? Except for the splitter being incorrect, I thought they were pretty good. Now w/the updated splitter and some other details, they should be right in the ball game, and I believe they are stil lower priced than the Action pieces.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I would assume, their drivers are/were all signed w/Action. Martin was on both last year, so as I said, I would imagine they will be w/both.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Not a DEI Army persay, but it did do an Army car. It didn't have the "E" on the side.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Yep. It was one of the first ones out, in both the regular car and the COT.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
A lot of people have been raging on them, saying their cars are junk, but I thought they were pretty nice, and they were a little less money than Actions. They are supposedly upgrading the detail some, so they should be really nice this year.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'm talking about the Champions Series, NOT the Contender Series. The Contender Series is like a Pit Stop car, but the Champions Serries is like the Preferred.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
A lot of people have been raging on them, saying their cars are junk, but I thought they were pretty nice, and they were a little less money than Actions. They are supposedly upgrading the detail some, so they should be really nice this year.
I dont think they were junk... I just think they couldve taken a little bit more time to get them accurate..... I know they wanted to get their COT's out before ARC did... but HOW can you leave the adjusters of the splitter! IT just ruined the whole CFS COT Program for me.... especially since its the first release of the COT>.. I want it to be accurate.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I agree about the splitter adjustment rods, but people were saying overall they were a lousy piece and the detail sucked, and I personally thought they were a nice car considering it was their first foray into the market. Granted, they were old TC employees, but they had to start from scratch w/new molds etc. I give them a B+ for their first year. Their regular cars are really nice.

·
Banned
2,445 Posts
I looked at a MA COT and wasnt that impressed either. I like CFS's wheels over MA's. I think the rubber and overall shape looks better. I like the roof ant. and i think their stance looks better. MA to me only had the drivers and the spoiler braces to make up the difference. With CFS inking DEI this year, im willing to bet the that in 2009 the line up will double for them again like it did this year. I bought a Mark Martin this year and i love it. Very cool peice and i hope it goes up in value.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts