Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to NASCAR.com and there it is-- the Dale Earnhardt IMPALA COT-- what a butt-ugly insult to Dale Earnhardt fans everywhere. The paint scheme isn't even true to the car he won the 500 in as they have plastered the 500 logo on the hood and put the "E" logo on the quarter panel. I am done lining Theresa's pockets-- I for one, won't buy this. What do the rest of you Big "E" fans think of this?

http://store.nascar.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3028166&kw=3028166&sr=1&origkw=3028166

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts
i think it looks ok but since he never raced a COT, then i will not get it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Since Jr. left DEI, they have to make some money some way. I just think it's pretty sad they still try to make money off his good name by re-doing a old paint scheme on a new car he never raced.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure there will be an elite version too.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
This is an RCR car isnt it? So where does the hate for DEI come in at?

I think its cool... I might pick it up.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has the DEI/Earnhardt Legacy logo and Theresa was at the unveiling.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kspool said:
I am sure there will be an elite version too.
I just went to the RCCA site-- they're making 1000 elites, 700 1/24 club cars, and 1000 1/64 club cars. I am sure they're going to over-produce this one, and I bet it flops, just like the IMHOF car.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why couldn't they just have displayed the winning car instead of painting a COT?

Earnhardt's 500-winning paint scheme on display
Black No. 3 painted on 2008 car for fans to see, purchase
By Official Release

February 10, 2008
02:23 PM EST

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Richard Childress and Teresa Earnhardt were guests on Sunday of Daytona International Speedway to recognize the 10th anniversary of Dale Earnhardt's historic win in the 1998 Daytona 500.

A 2008 racecar with the famous No. 3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus paint scheme was unveiled and will be on display throughout Speedweeks in the Daytona FanZone as well as be integrated into pre-race festivities of the 50th running of the Daytona 500.

Earnhardt's 1998 victory capped off two decades of incredible success yet ultimate frustration at Daytona. He had earned 10 top-five and 14 top-10 finishes, including four second-place showings, in the previous 19 attempts. Everything came together in his 20th attempt, however, during NASCAR's 50th anniversary. The Intimidator took the checkered flag and then the congratulations of every crew member from every team that had lined up on pit road. The magnitude of the appreciation shown to Earnhardt by his competitors has not been seen since.

Motorsports Authentics, through its Action Racing Collectables die-cast brand, will be offering a collectible version of the 10th anniversary edition No. 3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus Chevrolet Impala SS. Pre-orders are being taken on NASCAR.COM, goracing.com and at Motorsports Authentics authorized dealers nationwide.

"This is one of the most unique Earnhardt programs ever and we're thrilled to be able to support both DEI and RCR in this one-of-a-kind event," said Mark Dyer, president of Motorsports Authentics. "Earnhardt supporters and NASCAR fans alike that aren't able to get to Daytona to see this car can be part of history by buying their very own die-cast replica today, the one and only time Earnhardt's Daytona 500-winning paint scheme will be emblazoned on a 'new car.'"

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
that was my first thought too....nothing more than a fantasy car. doesnt look bad but more milk money.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
plus i think they are beating out the custom makers before they start doing them and throwing them on ebay.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JoKeR_20 said:
plus i think they are beating out the custom makers before they start doing them and throwing them on ebay.
That is a very good point!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Won't surprise me if WC dosen't have a version later on this year. I know Earnhardt Sr. cars were "Hot Item's" up until a couple of years ago, but have decline in popularity since. I know in my area there were very few stores that had the "Dale The Movie" cars, basically Target, hardly any Wal-Marts. Then it was the Hood cars. Never saw the 3 Car Set or the 1/64 Boxed Cars in any of the Targets and Wall Marts I visit either locally or on my trips to OK City. That usually equates to 12 Tragets and some 40 Wal-Marts.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i was talking about that just the other day about WC doin a version in the coming months. they will probably make it with in 1:64 a hood, and a boxed version and the in 1:24 with a regular and hood open.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Can somebody give me the Item# from RCCA for the Club Car? Im still on punishment from RCCA, so I cant access the Item #'s! lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts