Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a call from a friend of mine who works in retail, that the new 2008 haulers will be out around the second week of February in stores, and they are suppose to come with a 1/64th diecast car. They have been delayed until then due to a licensing issue according to him. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He also told me he believes they will be in a clamshell type package as it will be a pegged item versus a shelf item.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Cool, they're stealing an idea that RC came up with only 4 or 5 years ago!!

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
So are they like the old 1/87th scale haulers plus a 1/64th car or both 1/64th? I've never seen a hauler hung on pegs before.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Thanks for the info tjwanda!!! Can't wait to see them!!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
What's new from WC, they always have many different trinkets with the same car!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw the 4 empty pegs today at Target for the 2008 hauler with 1/64th car as the diecast aisle was re-set. The space is definately not wide enough for a 1/64th hauler currently on the shelves. I am thinking that they might be in line with the old White Rose/Matchbox type flatbed hauler with 1/64th car, as that would fit in the space alloted. The price on the label was $9.99, so we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
589 Posts
tjwanda said:
I saw the 4 empty pegs today at Target for the 2008 hauler with 1/64th car as the diecast aisle was re-set. The space is definately not wide enough for a 1/64th hauler currently on the shelves. I am thinking that they might be in line with the old White Rose/Matchbox type flatbed hauler with 1/64th car, as that would fit in the space alloted. The price on the label was $9.99, so we'll just have to wait and see.
could be like jpm said, a 1/87 scale.
from go racing: http://www.goracing.com/nxcgorace/n...nuEntry=3DFB592C07946164852572A600600DC7&&&&" ARC will be making a 1/64 hauler. of course, saying they dont cancel it :-[

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i was at Target and they had the pegs too, and then i looked a few diecast over and there was some cars (i forget the make) that had a pickup truck with a flat bed with a 1:64 car on top of it. well when i moved that package over to the empty peg, it fit perfect in the spot.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what they'll probably be then. Like I said in my previous post, probably just like the old White Rose/Matchbox NASCAR flatbed hauler/transporter.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
They could be a revival of the 1/64 trackside sets. Pick-up, flatbed trailer and car. They were originally made bt Brookfield. Anyone remember them? Kinda like Taz has on his signature.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Note I put an RCCA club car on it the origonal was an 04 with less detail. I guess it will be cool if they make these. I prefere them over a hauler because they are cheaper and I love Silverados

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That looks like a hood open car. Is it? That's cool. I never really paid much attention to them. Also, what's up with the wheel trim on the front wheel, but not on the back?

·
Registered
589 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
That looks like a hood open car. Is it? That's cool. I never really paid much attention to them. Also, what's up with the wheel trim on the front wheel, but not on the back?
It didn't come with the set origonally. It is an RCCA club car. The wheels, I don't know what happened!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
K, What was the original car like? WC? It was a Brookfield set from the Club correct? The wheel is coll. It makes it kinda look raced.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts