Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Hoff
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, at least someone is going to get a good deal on this one! Too bad it isnt going to be me, though... Just got this message from the seller:

We cannot do APO's anymore. They require us to go to the Post Office which we are not geared to do, our store staff is small therefore we cannot send someone out. Shall we refund. Sorry

What sucks is I have bought alot from this guy, all for really good deals. Sucks that I am losing out on one of my "primary" Ebay sellers...

· Dboy1974
1,328 Posts
Well, at least someone is going to get a good deal on this one! Too bad it isnt going to be me, though... Just got this message from the seller:

We cannot do APO's anymore. They require us to go to the Post Office which we are not geared to do, our store staff is small therefore we cannot send someone out. Shall we refund. Sorry

What sucks is I have bought alot from this guy, all for really good deals. Sucks that I am losing out on one of my "primary" Ebay sellers...
Alright... I maybe a little "stupid" on this comment. LOL! WTH are they telling you again? Layman terms, please. :)

· Hoff
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, no biggie...

APO, without getting too detailed, is another term for a military overseas mailing address. Since all of our mail gets sent to one location (for us in Japan, our location is San Francisco, CA), we can only receive USPS mail. Once it gets to San Fran, it is then turned over to the military mailing system, and they carry it the rest of the way, wherever the end location is. Since UPS or FedEx wont send something that they cant carry all the way to the end address, USPS is all we can use over here. Evidently, there has been some changes to how you can mail packages via USPS now, since the seller says he can no longer support mailing stuff via USPS.

Sorry about the acronym! Us military types wouldnt be able to survive without using them! haha...

· Dboy1974
1,328 Posts
haha, no biggie...

APO, without getting too detailed, is another term for a military overseas mailing address. Since all of our mail gets sent to one location (for us in Japan, our location is San Francisco, CA), we can only receive USPS mail. Once it gets to San Fran, it is then turned over to the military mailing system, and they carry it the rest of the way, wherever the end location is. Since UPS or FedEx wont send something that they cant carry all the way to the end address, USPS is all we can use over here. Evidently, there has been some changes to how you can mail packages via USPS now, since the seller says he can no longer support mailing stuff via USPS.

Sorry about the acronym! Us military types wouldnt be able to survive without using them! haha...
Wow! That sucks. I probably shoudl have thought about it more before posting. I knew what APO meant, just had a lapsed momnet of thinking. LOL! I guess it's still a little too early for me. Might just go back to bed. LMAO!!

Again, thanks for the link. I pulled the trigger at the listed price of $40. With free shipping... kind of thought WTH. $30 plus shipping for an autographed car? Excellent deal. LOL

· Registered
2,333 Posts

How hard is it to take a box to the post office one morning on way to work?

What ever happened to customer service? To me to not take the time to help any customer is wrong, but to do it to a service member who defends our freedom is doubly wrong!

I can't sell one that cheap but bro if you need one lmk we can work something out.

Scott

· Dboy1974
1,328 Posts

What ever happened to customer service? To me to not take the time to help any customer is wrong, but to do it to a service member who defends our freedom is doubly wrong!

I can't sell one that cheap but bro if you need one lmk we can work something out.

Scott
I agree with you whole heartedly, Scott!

· Hoff
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Scott
Scott,
Yea, I was kinda thinking the same thing. I didnt think it was that difficult either, but its not like I can force him to do so, ya know?

I appreciate the offer, and I will keep it in mind, if I end up not being able to work it out with this guy...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.