Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Now I've noticed Gordon's car has taken on a slightly different look this year with less black on the nose and sides, and the new Drive to End Hunger logo. However, there is something different about this car that is way different. I just got my diecast and I've been looking at it and I just can't put my finger on what it is that makes it SO different from the 2011 version. The only thing I can really think of is the Crimson Red is a different shade.

Now I now this sounds like a useless post, but I've noticed a pattern that disturbs me. When I compared my 2007 Dupont COT to the 2008 Dupont COT there was a difference I couldn't put my finger on (besides the different logos, and flame changes). When the car just looked different Gordon went winless. Fast forward to 2009 vs 2010. The 2010 had a slightly different look to it than the 2009. I couldn't figure out the changes and yet again, a winless season. So obviously this 2011 vs 2012 diecast change has me a bit worried.

Point: Is the scheme just that different and I'm over thinking it, or does everyone else who owns the car feel the same way that there is something that you just can't put your finger on?

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Well i hope that the little streak u have there stops! lol Looking at pictures the black from the door numbers on back is darker maybe thats it?

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Always nice to see the AARP on victory lane. Hopefully it changes this year.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi everyone,
Now I've noticed Gordon's car has taken on a slightly different look this year with less black on the nose and sides, and the new Drive to End Hunger logo. However, there is something different about this car that is way different. I just got my diecast and I've been looking at it and I just can't put my finger on what it is that makes it SO different from the 2011 version. The only thing I can really think of is the Crimson Red is a different shade.

Now I now this sounds like a useless post, but I've noticed a pattern that disturbs me. When I compared my 2007 Dupont COT to the 2008 Dupont COT there was a difference I couldn't put my finger on (besides the different logos, and flame changes). When the car just looked different Gordon went winless. Fast forward to 2009 vs 2010. The 2010 had a slightly different look to it than the 2009. I couldn't figure out the changes and yet again, a winless season. So obviously this 2011 vs 2012 diecast change has me a bit worried.

Point: Is the scheme just that different and I'm over thinking it, or does everyone else who owns the car feel the same way that there is something that you just can't put your finger on?

I get what you're saying. Something just doesn't seem right with this DTEH paint scheme this year, or the Dupont one (didn't look as nice as it looked at first). I hope things don't turn out like the past trends have been doing.

·
Jason24
587 Posts

I wish the new DTEH cars looked a little more like this rendering. Actual red and not that hideous crimson or whatever it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts