Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for everyone, I hope I'm not out of line in asking. I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask.

Anyone know if there is a 2012 Home Depot #20 show car program this year?

In past years either the homedepot.com/racing or jobgibbsracing website would have the start of the show car schedule posted by now, but I'm not seeing anything yet so far in either place.

I realize that Home Depot cut back their program this year an have Dollar General as a partner. I live in a northern state and the Home Depot car has been up here every year since they got started in NASCAR in 1999.

I check the various teams/drivers/sponsors' websites about once a month to determine if any cars I headed this way, but I just fine it odd that there's nothing yet for this particular car.

F

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I say the chances are slim.. since they can't even update their website for the new season. It still says "Thanks for your support in 2011" or something to that extent.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I had been checking their website too since the race was in CA last week. I know in the past they brought their showcar to nearby Home Depots during race week...nothing this year.

·
Smoke will rise.
641 Posts
I work for Home Depot in Minnesota and we had the car at our store last summer. Store management has to specifically request an appearance from corporate, and I've been told that those requests have not been responded to yet this year. Makes me wonder....?

I am also disappointed that HD has not kept up the Racing webpage. Even on our company's "employee only" website/network they haven't updated a thing since Homestead!

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
Germain has one. its on facebook as Nascarshowcar13

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback and responses. J.T, thanks for the lead, I have the Geico #13 show car link on Facebook now.

Interestingly, there are 2 different Menard's Grand Re-Opening events in Minnesota, approximately one month apart, stores that are no more than 15 to 20 miles apart. Got to see the #27 Menards car and #88 Menards Truck in late March and both vehicles will be at the 2nd store this upcoming weekend. Glad to know Menards has a dedicated show car program. :)

Also got to see another 2012 show car from a different team in the past month, thanks to their "Racing" page on Facebook. Amazing what one can find out there. :)

I see that Joe Gibbs website still doesn't list a show car program for 2012. Oh well.

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
I have a TON of links for 2012 Showcars and if you want them I can PM you.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Can you just post the links in this thread?

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
Ok, here is what I have so far, I'm always still looking. They don't call me Showcar Crazy for nothing lol.

#22 A.J. Allmendinger Pennzoil(Call To get the schedule, I did this last year and he told me where it was going around at that time, the number is on the side of the page): No. 22 Shell Pennzoil NASCAR Sprint Cup Dodge Charger Show Car Program

#16 Greg Biffle 3M: Event Listing

#99 Carl Edwards Fastenal: Fastenal Racing - 2011 Calendar

#11 Denny Hamlin Fed-ex (Very small list at the bottom of the page, not updated alot): FedEx Racing: Home: Every Day Is Race Day

Hendrick Motorsports Showcars and Driver apperances:
Events & Appearances | Fans | Hendrick Motorsports

#38 Kasey Kahne Great Clips (slow to update): https://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=93203055080

Menards ARCA, Trucks and Cup Apperances and Showcar: Menards Racing - Appearances

#13 Casey Mears Geico: https://www.facebook.com/showcar13?sk=wall&filter=2

#14 Tony Stewart Office Depot: Tony Stewart & #14 Car Appearances: Office Depot Racing

#2 Elliott Sadler One Main Showcar: OneMain Racing | Official Website
Apperances: OneMain Racing | Official Website

#47 Bobby Labonte Kleenex: KC Showcar Calendar

#55 Mark Martin Aaron's, #15 Clint Bowyer Alabama, Aaron's Monster Truck and Aaron's NHRA Showcars: Schedules of Events @ Aaron's Sports

Wal-Mart Showcar Train (Not known what cars are in this train this year, but I do know what cars were in it last year): http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/walmart_nascar.pdf

Big Foot Monster Trucks: BIGFOOT Live Event Schedule - BIGFOOT® 4x4, Inc. - The Original Monster Truck®

RCR Cars (#3,#29 and#31): Richard Childress Racing - Fan Central

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
@racer48racer - Kevin Harvick's Budweiser, Jeff Burton's Wheaties, and Eric McClure's Hefty are the cars that are going around with the "Race Time" stuff at Wal-Mart. If you look at RCR's website, you'll see that the Kevin and Jeff's cars are 90% of the time at Walmart.

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
@racer48racer - Kevin Harvick's Budweiser, Jeff Burton's Wheaties, and Eric McClure's Hefty are the cars that are going around with the "Race Time" stuff at Wal-Mart. If you look at RCR's website, you'll see that the Kevin and Jeff's cars are 90% of the time at Walmart.
Thanks, I figured all three of those cars would be back with the train, but I have not been to see them as they won't be here until June or August.

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
Aaron, thank you for sharing these links with us. There are several new programs that I didn't know about.
Your Welcome, and like I said i'm still looking and I have some other programs I know about (Like Joey Logano's #20 Dollar General) but I need the schedule for it.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
They didn't come to CA. Out of the 3 you listed, only Jeff Burton's Wheaties car was at the Walmart events. Other showcars that made their way to CA Walmarts were Gordon - Pepsi Max, Jr - Diet Mtn. Dew, Tony/Ryan - Oreos, Bowyer - 5 Hour Energy & Allmendinger - Shell. There might have been one more but I can't think of it right now.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
Oh wow that's alot to sift through. I wish there was I was I could search by state.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts