Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Why would people pay that much over retail just to have it a few weeks early? I've seen the same thing with Jr's Man of Steel and his NG 2014 car. Both sold for over $200 just to get it a few weeks early.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
Why would people pay that much over retail just to have it a few weeks early? I've seen the same thing with Jr's Man of Steel and his NG 2014 car. Both sold for over $200 just to get it a few weeks early.
i agree i get the jr's man of steel 1/64 about a month before every one else since it come form jr motorsports i had to call to order it @Dale3DaleJr88 i havent get lucky this year when i was at the track this year i only get 1 new car that was ty dillon bass pro shops 1/64 that was release the day before to the dealers

·
CraZyGordoManiac
1,351 Posts
Well the guy is obviously just looking to scalp the hell out of it, the bidding started at $200 SMH.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
I thought about buying a '14 Target Standard off the Hauler and throwing it up on ebay just for the laugh.... If idiots don't pay it, then I'd been the idiot, but I could have sold it for more then the $75 I bet. I had the medical emergency and it didn't happen though (alls good now, no worries). But I agree that car looks good, cant wait to add it to my collection. Can anyone make out the production number on the box? I cant even blowing it way way up.

·
CraZyGordoManiac
1,351 Posts
I thought about buying a '14 Target Standard off the Hauler and throwing it up on ebay just for the laugh.... If idiots don't pay it, then I'd been the idiot, but I could have sold it for more then the $75 I bet. I had the medical emergency and it didn't happen though (alls good now, no worries). But I agree that car looks good, cant wait to add it to my collection. Can anyone make out the production number on the box? I cant even blowing it way way up.
My best guess is it's something ?,?50. I'm guessing either 1,250 or 1,750.

EDIT: I'm not sure if they would go this high on an auto'd diecast but it might even be 2,250.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
Its definitely over 1,000 my bet is you'll see a bunch of em on ebay eventually and even their prices will decrease pretty quickly.

·
CraZyGordoManiac
1,351 Posts
I'm glad I ordered the Elite and not the ARC version. I knew it was ?,?50 and it was 2,256.

Reactions: April

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Another waaayyyyyyyyy overproduced car...thanks Lionel for taking the value of collectibility out of collectibles...

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
Another waaayyyyyyyyy overproduced car...thanks Lionel for taking the value of collectibility out of collectibles...
Agree on some fronts, but strongly disagree on others. Theres cars I haven't personally been able to find... They are a business as well, they have to make some money along the way too! It wouldn't make sense for them to make 200 of every single car, just so they can be "collectable". These cars aren't even released yet and sold out.... That tells me they could have made even more and sold them.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Agree on some fronts, but strongly disagree on others. Theres cars I haven't personally been able to find... They are a business as well, they have to make some money along the way too! It wouldn't make sense for them to make 200 of every single car, just so they can be "collectable". These cars aren't even released yet and sold out.... That tells me they could have made even more and sold them.
I'm with you...but 2,200+...you, me, and everyone else know's what'll happen when all the hype wears off...atleast the high probability of what could happen.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I usually do not collect 1/24 of a car if a 1/64 was made just because that is what my collection is geared for. However, this is one that I want to add.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I'm surprised I haven't seen SOMEBODY scalping Gordon's Axalta. I bought mine from his hauler back at Dega and haven't seen one on Ebay yet.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts