·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Race 5 of 18

Race - Indianapolis 500

Location - Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Speedway, IN

Date - Sunday, May 25, 2014

Time & TV Schedule - Pre-Race Show - 11:00 AM Eastern , Green Flag - Approx. 12:00 PM Eastern- ABC, Sirius XM

Course Type - 2.5 Mile Oval

Distance -200 Laps / 500 Miles

Practice Sessions

Monday, May 19th - 12:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern
Friday, May 23rd - 11:00 AM -12:00 PM Eastern

2013 Indianapolis 500 Race Information

Winner - #
11 Tony Kanaan
Pole Sitter - #20 Ed Carpenter - 228.762 mph
Length Of Race - 2 hours, 43 minutes, 2 seconds
Average Speed -187.433 mph
Cautions - 5 for 21 laps
Lead Changes - 68
Margin Of Victory - Under Caution

Circuit Information
2.5 Mile Oval
Banking

Turns -9 degrees
Straights - 0 degrees

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,573 Posts
My favorite race, can't wait!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Cool to see Ed get the pole two years in a row. I'm hoping he'll do well in the race. As of now, I'm leaning towards Marco as the favorite, but that can change over the next week.

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
I really want to see RHR win this race.

Reactions: Staton

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Id like to see a Andretti car or anyone but the Penske-Ganassi cars

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: tf330fan

·
Just CraZy
20,749 Posts
Unless it's Kanaan, right? lol
I keep forgetting that hes not in a 11 car. Lol yeah...well basicly anyone but Penske and Dixon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Well it turns out I have another Indycar driver to follow. I saw on Twitter Sage Karam is from Nazareth PA. I always like to root for the locals and considering how few drivers come from PA I even consider an hour and a half away local. I wonder if Ganassi has plans for him past the 500.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
@April
By chance, did you ever watch a show called NASCAR prime time? It aired back in 2007 on ABC.

Reactions: April

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
It sounds familiar, but i don't believe I did.
It was basically a miniseries. I don't even think it exceeded 10 episodes. Essentially, it was a placeholder while some other show (I forgot which one) was on hiatus. Anyways, one of the episodes highlighted Tony Stewart and Juan Pablo Montoya, but it also highlighted a young hotshot go karter. That young hotshot was a 6th grade Sage Karam.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
It was basically a miniseries. I don't even think it exceeded 10 episodes. Essentially, it was a placeholder while some other show (I forgot which one) was on hiatus. Anyways, one of the episodes highlighted Tony Stewart and Juan Pablo Montoya, but it also highlighted a young hotshot go karter. That young hotshot was a 6th grade Sage Karam.
Wow that's pretty cool. I wonder if he raced at Lehigh valley grad Prix. Its a really cool go kart place in Allentown that Marco Andretti sometimes races at.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Wow that's pretty cool. I wonder if he raced at Lehigh valley grad Prix. Its a really cool go kart place in Allentown that Marco Andretti sometimes races at.
He might have. I remember they followed him to a special go kart course, but I have no clue which one.

·
Premium Member
16,910 Posts
Oh snap. I remember that. Yeah didn't he cry at some point during the show? I liked that series they followed all sorts of drivers. I remember watching the episode with Stanton Barrett. I always liked him and his desire to race and what he out himself through.

Sage Karam just seems like Alex Lloyd just 5 years later. I doubt Ganassi has plans for him other than the Indy 500.

Reactions: jkarpinski14

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Oh snap. I remember that. Yeah didn't he cry at some point during the show? I liked that series they followed all sorts of drivers. I remember watching the episode with Stanton Barrett. I always liked him and his desire to race and what he out himself through.

Sage Karam just seems like Alex Lloyd just 5 years later. I doubt Ganassi has plans for him other than the Indy 500.
Actually, come to think of it, I think the Stanton was the same one I'm talking about. And, yes. Sage cried after he was in a bad crash that nearly ended his racing career.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts

Yeah you're probably right Chip won't do anything with him. CGR is pretty full right now. Maybe Sam Schmidt will move him up.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
I saw that TV ratings for qualifying were 1.2 overnight, which is great for them. I hope ratings for the race are up since a lot of people should be tuning in to see what Kurt Busch can do.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
1 - 20 of 312 Posts