Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
raceannouncer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I have noticed Lionel/Action 1/64 releases in different boxes. I've known diehard Hot Wheels collectors lose their minds when they don't have a Malaysia chassis AND a China chassis stamp on cars in their collection. Now that Lionel seems to be doing it, is there any reason (besides being OCD or just a plain rabid collector) to acquire these? They have the same SKU #: CX92165KBBCL. I've seen the box variations in the past distinguishing between promo and "regular" releases--but the SKUs are usually not the same. The other interesting thing is one has the "Hendrick Motorsports" logo on the box, while the other has Elliott's name and a smaller HNS logo. Are we now going to have to acquire variation versions in order to proclaim "I have them ALL"?
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

·
just old school
6,217 Posts
I believe, the hendrick packaging has rubber tires, I may be wrong, adult collectable vs.ages 4 and up.

·
raceannouncer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...I thought the whole idea of the NASCAR Authentics line was to market 1/64 scale to children...

·
just old school
6,217 Posts
Hmmm...I thought the whole idea of the NASCAR Authentics line was to market 1/64 scale to children...
yes, you are correct, however,
the Authentics Line is for retail market ie. Wal Mart , Target etc. Sold on clear blister, rack hanging, packages. in the toy aisle near Hot Wheels Matchbox items.
Both cars you have are not the Authentics line but are sold by Lionel / Action via many dealers, and online from Lionel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The cars that say "die-cast body and chassis" on the top left have rubber wheels and a metal chassis, compared to the plastic wheels and chassis on the regular car (you can definitely feel the weight difference). Also, each die-cast body and chassis car is limited to 576 pieces. They are $14.99 each and are exclusive to CircleBDiecast. The new order of quality/accuracy is NASCAR Authentics, ARC cars, and these die-cast body and chassis cars. You can kind of think of them like the older Action cars with the rubber wheels.

·
raceannouncer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jrajcok: I appreciate your response; however, in a call I made yesterday to Lionel, the rep claimed that there is NO difference between the two BUT I called again today and spoke with another rep who claims the "adult" collectible versions are a limited run offered by CircleB...I'd rather have the "adult collectible" versions, especially if the numbers produced are now limited as you say! FWIW, I ordered the Elliott fantasy car when it was first offered, received it and apparently, it is made only as a "4 & up" box version...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts