1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
who'da thunk it!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Maybe if he keeps appealing it and pissing people off they'll increase it.

·
CraZy Senior
6,527 Posts
David Newton @DNewtonespn
Hendrick says he will take to next level "cause I don't accept it, period." #nascar
Wow, this could get ugly. :blindfold:

I somewhat understand Hendrick's position if in fact NASCAR allowed the car to run in this configuration last year. Now it begs the question of who's right and if in fact NASCAR can determine if a car is legal to run in competition. We all know what Chad's and in fact Hendrick's history of exploring the gray area is, recalling the T-Rex. I agree that NASCAR seems to be less than forthcoming when it comes to the rules and the rulebook.

However it seems to me that the sanctioning body should be able to determine what is acceptable, even if the appeals process is flawed.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
That chassis ran in all 4 plate races in 2011 and he passed inspection each time including his dega win. Nascar never even put the claw on that car. There jus trying to prove a point. All cause chad said jj needed to crack the back of the car to pass inspection, but he didnt and still passed so Nascar owed them one

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
Wow I fully expected the penalty to at least be cut in half. Hmm.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Wow, this could get ugly. :blindfold:

I somewhat understand Hendrick's position if in fact NASCAR allowed the car to run in this configuration last year. Now it begs the question of who's right and if in fact NASCAR can determine if a car is legal to run in competition. We all know what Chad's and in fact Hendrick's history of exploring the gray area is, recalling the T-Rex. I agree that NASCAR seems to be less than forthcoming when it comes to the rules and the rulebook.

However it seems to me that the sanctioning body should be able to determine what is acceptable, even if the appeals process is flawed.
totally agree...I know that the 48 crew REALLY pushes the envelop and has gotten away with a lot over the years...but from what I'm reading, the car 'fit the template'...well, with the lattitude NASCAR provides...that's like letting a kid run wild, then giving him discipline because you are having a bad day from work...don't missunderstand, I'm all for penalties where due and fit...but chad and Rick have some valid statements...

now as to not putting the claw on the car, there's no way around it..EVERY car has to go through that inspection, there are about ten stations, this is part of what I do at the track, I'm positioned in the garage area, typically by the scales, the claw, fueling stations, whatever...every car gets a sticker or a marker where they pass certain areas...ZERO cars are exempt...what is interesting is, while the car got through what's called the eyeball test and 'fit'...someone probably raises some concerns, and somewhat as stated by others, could have 'owed' them one and just looked more closely. Not to mention what was 'passed over' last season, doesn't mean there wasn't a bigger emphasis on different things in this new season, particularly as it was caught the first week. Trust me, there is a LOT that goes on behind the scenes. I have no doubt Chad is guilty of pushing the rule...but did NASCAR in some way 'set him up' for failure by showing tollerance in the past?

·
CraZy Senior
6,527 Posts
Makes no difference, Jimmie/Chad are still gonna be the ones to beat come Chase time. :wink:
Given the scrutiny the 48 team seems to be getting this season I wouldn't flag the 48 as lock. I'm leaning towards the 14 team this year at least for now.

·
Premium Member
10,502 Posts
NASCAR is making an example of Chad. Give the guy a break!!! All CC's get paid to push the boundries. I don't pull for the #48 team at all but all of them do it push push push the limits to get the advantage. Just my opinion :wink:

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I dont like Jimmie as much as the next guy but give him a break. I think the penalty should at least be reduced to a 4 race max.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
I agree with the penalty, Chad is a repeat offender and MWR's crew chiefs got 6 races suspensions and a 25 pt penalty for something that didn't make it to competition last year at Dega.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Chad cheats.. He told Jimmie on the Radio during a Race last year, and it was recorded and Released... "if you happen to win the race, make sure you Smash the rear end into the wall" hmmm, that seems fishy right there..

·
Registered
580 Posts
Chad cheats.. He told Jimmie on the Radio during a Race last year, and it was recorded and Released... "if you happen to win the race, make sure you Smash the rear end into the wall" hmmm, that seems fishy right there..

Also keep in mind that was at Talladega. This could've been the same car. hmm

1 - 20 of 30 Posts