Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penalty OVERTURNED

Still have to pay the fine but back to 11th in points and the crew stays. Who cares about the money. I think Chad took lessons from John Gotti.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Re: Penaly OVERTURNED

Hahaha....maybe next time they'll actually make sure the car DOESN'T fit the template before trying to suspend people and take points away.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Shoot, sorry, didn't see this is collector chat. Figured it belonged here. Ooops

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Now, for all the conspiracy theorists....NASCAR did it on purpose, cause if the penalties stood,
the #48 team is essentially outta the Championship run....

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
cause if the penalties stood,
the #48 team is essentially outta the Championship run....
How do you figure?

He was 57 points out of the final Chase spot leaving Daytona. He was 26 points out of the Chase leaving Bristol (with the penalty).

He's made up 31 points in the past 3 races alone.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It was the right decision. The penalty was way to severe. I don't care for Jimmie but NASCAR was dead wrong this time.

And to the haters... Have no fear. I'm sure Chad will cheat again.

·
Smoke will rise.
641 Posts
Re: Penalty OVERTURNED

So it was overturned, and the points penalties and suspensions rescinded. If Chad et al were "acquitted", then why keep the fine in place???

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts

Thank God, justice prevails

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I disagree it was too severe....any other CC/team sure...but they have a history of bending the rules too far...not sure what exactly got them off the hook, but I'm sure there was some technical mumbo jumbo...as to the 48 out of the chase...it wouldn't matter either way...they were likely to work their way back in over the next 20+ races...or if they didn't make the chase...even if he had half the fan base rooting for him...the other half would be rejoicing he failed to do it...doesn't affect NASCAR either way. Personally I'd guess the overturn would be due to their own 'grey' area biting them in the butt this time...

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
WHAT!!!, I thought when I saw 48 wins, they won the race and you looked in the future, Meanwhile. I hate Jimmie but that should have not been no 6 race suspension, now I might think again beacuse he is going to win his 6th, watch out.

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts

BS.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I guess the fine stays because they felt he did try to do somthing. If they would have let it go through inspection maybe it wouldnt have passed. Now the question is will Nascar give them the Cpost back so they can use um at dega.

·
#JRNation
4,661 Posts
It was too Severe. this was BEFORE practice. remember last year when Sauter and Busch had penalties at pocono. Just 6 points. + Busch was after the Race. I didnt understand the penalty

1 - 20 of 44 Posts