Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of Americas best sprint car tracks, Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pa. (near Harrisburg) had a race Wednesday night to benefit the Kasey Kahne Foundation, and Kasey and Dave Blaney were there.
Here's a couple o' pics for the Kahne fans out there. Thought ya might like em'. That's back to his roots huh?

I couldn't resist throwing in the Blaney pic too! LOL!

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Sweet pics man, thanks for sharing!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe that Kahne's WoO car driven by Joey Saldana has 360 OTC as a WoO Series support sponsor, and that is just a car from Kasey's WoO fleet. In the beginning of the year, they were the Series title sponsor. Not sure now what capacity they are involved. Notice it's just on the wing, meaning it's a contingency sponsor, just like the front fender on a Cup car.
I also believe Dave's does not, cause me thinks OTC is on the way out, and that is his personal sprint car and only runs in a few shows a year.....JMO. Also other than CAT, the sponsors are almost all his Busch Series sponsors.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! I believe he flipped! Not sure, but in the Pre-race Sunday, they asked him if the run on Wednesday helped him this weekend, he said he took a pretty hard shot, so maybe it knocked something loose and that's what made the difference. I will have to check to be sure when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
LOL! I believe he flipped! Not sure, but in the Pre-race Sunday, they asked him if the run on Wednesday helped him this weekend, he said he took a pretty hard shot, so maybe it knocked something loose and that's what made the difference. I will have to check to be sure when I get a chance.
Dang that sucks lol, that's awesome you got to see him race though, I would have loved to gone. Do you know if he races the dirt track in Charlotte?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sometimes he does. It depends alot on the other variables. His kid is racing now, he is a car owner for his Brother who races sprintcars and is in the position to win the Ohio Sprint Speedweeks. He had won two or three of the races in the week long series so far this year. He bought some land in NC and is or has built a shop where he and his Brother and Father are going to build sprint cars to start w/and then who knows what else. I would imagine a Busch or truck team for his brother and eventually his son.
He races mainly for fun and/or charity now.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
His son races in the Summer Shootout Series and the things they run at Charlotte (Lowes)....the Bandoleros I believe.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
FFighter did you go to the race? Was going to go w/ some friends but couldn't as work needed me & I gotta pay the bills!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
harley2001 said:
FFighter did you go to the race? Was going to go w/ some friends but couldn't as work needed me & I gotta pay the bills!
No, I was going, but my better half is in a graduate program in Columbus at OSU and I had to go take some stuff over to her, so I was going in the total opposite direction.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
EarnhardtJrFan said:
Looks like that was a good race!! AWESOME PICS!!!
Everytime I go there, I have never seen a bad race. I usually go towards the end of the year for the National Open. It is a two night show, WoO sanctioned and is always great. Besides Knoxville, it's about the only place anymore where the locals have a good chance of beating the traveling stars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts