Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was turning out to be a pretty good day, until this happened. I just got my truck washed and was heading home, when I came up to a car, siting in the middle turn lane, when out of nowhere she turns right to get into a parking lot. I had no chance to stop in time and hit her in the passenger rear door. She never even had a turn signal on and makes the right turn from the middle lane. She jumps out of her car screaming at me for hitting here. I told here she made a right hand turn from the middle lane. Well the police showed up and started to give her a ticket when she starts tell the officer her side of the story, for the second time. She claims that she might have swung wide to make the turn and didn't see me. The officer ended up not giving her the ticket and said it would be her word against mine. He did say that what he could tell from the accident, is she had to be in the middle lane to make the turn due to the damage that was done but could not site her. Now how can I hit her car in the side and not in the rear if she was in front of me and not in the middle lane? I would have hit here in the rear of the car. This whole thing just made me sick to my stomach.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Bummer John , sorry to hear. The main thing is your ok.

Reactions: Dale3DaleJr88

·
Legendary Member
25,287 Posts
Well, turning from the middle lane IS swinging wide right. Really wide-- dumb %&$#@^!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
That sucks man, glad you're ok. Sounds like she had no idea what she was doing. I'm getting very scared of something like this happening to me andI'm seriously thinking of investing in a dash cam, because it is unfortunately your word against someone elses. Hope it all works out for you.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Sheesh. People these days don't know how to drive. I almost hit someone yesterday. I was going straight and she in front of me from the opposite direction to go left. No blinker. I honked and she flipped me off. I don't get people.

·
#Champ18n
10,102 Posts
Glad you're ok John. Hate to see this situation happen when you've done nothing wrong but you get the blame and punished. It's really unfair and that women needs to get herself checked out. What an a*****e! She obviously was in the wrong, didn't use her indicator and was in the wrong lane in the first place. Challenge it right to the end John!

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you're ok John. Hate to see this situation happen when you've done nothing wrong but you get the blame and punished. It's really unfair and that women needs to get herself checked out. What an a*****e! She obviously was in the wrong, didn't use her indicator and was in the wrong lane in the first place. Challenge it right to the end John!
Oh, I will if I need too.

·
Premium Member
12,378 Posts
Oh, I will if I need too.
Sorry to hear this John and I will say this in a good way "not going to end well". I'll be surprised if it does. Small claims court here we come. The 1st problem is she got no ticket and when she tells her story to her Insurance Co. they will refuse to pay. Similar thing happened to me but I won't rant on.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
That sucks John. Similar thing happened to my husband last year. The guy in the right lane turned across him in the left lane. He couldn't slow down in time and hit his door. To make matters worse the jackass drove off. The police found him and arrested him for evading police, fleeing the scene, and DUI. After that we find out he didn't have insurance so we paid almost $1000 out of our pocket to fix the car. Some people suck.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry to hear this John and I will say this in a good way "not going to end well". I'll be surprised if it does. Small claims court here we come. The 1st problem is she got no ticket and when she tells her story to her Insurance Co. they will refuse to pay. Similar thing happened to me but I won't rant on.
Even though she didn't get a ticket ( the office originally wrote her 2 tickets ), he will put in his report about her saying she might have swung out to make the turn and that she didn't see me. If it does come down to that my insurance company will take care of it.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident John, i'm glad you are ok. Hope everything ends well. She needs a @$$ whooping if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts