Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A hypothetical question, for those of us who make the cars and those who buy them.

IF there arose an opportunity to get a bodystyle, and therefor cars, that have NEVER been available in 1/64 before....would you be interested if it has the windows molded integral to the body, IE, black window like early Racing Champions.

Would that just detract so much that you no longer wanted it, or is that something you can live with?

If that DOES bother you...Would you rather have to scratchbuild the windows or use a donor car to provide the chassis, interior, wheels/tires and windows? Basically you would be on your own to everything but the body.

This is just a hypothetical question....but perhaps will lead to something in the future.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
In 1/64, it does not bother me if it's black window. I would prefer to have an opening hood car, but that is not essential to me, but as far as windows go, black window is OK in 1/64. In 1/24 (which from you is not gonna happen anyway, LOL!) I prefer windows cause they are so big, but not in 1/64. JMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts