Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found these up for preorder. So far from the looks of it they are all being made in 1/24 and 1/64

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
The #44 is actually a real race car, unlike the rest which are pure fantasy crap.

I hate fantasy cars but I love Christmas...and if they do 1/64 I'll get the to support the right scale.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Oh great, now they are going to make another butt ugly fantasy car for Harvick. WHY?? Didn't they figure out last year that they over saturated the market with dang fantasy cars?? Oh yea, that's why they can't make cars that actually got run on the track. That's how they oversautrate they market and blame it on special paint schemes that don't sell!!! :doh: :rollseyes:

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Please make some real cars instead of the Fantasy cars.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
yzerman19harvick29 said:
AWESOME!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON SOME SWEET HOLIDAY CARS! I'D MUCH RATHER HAVE THOSE THAN PAINT SCHEMES THAT DRIVERS ACTUALLY RUN!
:whew: :whew: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :whew: :whew:

Sad part to this is, the guys out there willing to make customs of the ones that aren't getting produced are the ones that are actually making some $$$$

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, they'll do the preorders now, so they'll know earlier as to what to cancel. Also to guarantee that customers can and will have these prior to Christmas. MAkes sense to me.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
I guess Im the only one but I like the Holiday cars. Some of them are rarely on Ebay now. I still need Sadler and Kahnes for a decent price.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
It seems to me like MA is making all the cars that will SELL this year... so I dont know why everyone is still saying make the cars that are really ran...

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
demondecko said:
I guess Im the only one but I like the Holiday cars. Some of them are rarely on Ebay now. I still need Sadler and Kahnes for a decent price.

I have to say I like them too. I'm gonna try to get them all but i doubt i will be able to.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
It is not that I hate them or like them, I do not like having a real paint scheme sacraficed so that a fantasy car will be produced.

Didn't I just read in another thread about a Martin, Edwards, Johnson and Gordon REAL paint scheme would NOT be produced, but these can?

I do not understand the logic. Slap a 29 on any ole made up scheme in the world that any guy can make up and it is a Harvick car? Not to me. It is a marketing ploy. Again, it wouldn't phase me if they were not ditching actual paint schemes.

I equate it to the actual races. This is the equivilant of Speed airing a fantasy race instead of the real race this weekend. Same with the re-releases. This weekend, instead of a real race, we are going to air the Daytona 500 again, this time from the Hood cam, next week we will air it from the Pit Board cam, we cannot bring you the Chicago race this weekend because of market saturation, but the Daytona race will be aired for the 4th week in a row from the License Plate cam .... :moon:

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
At least there isn't a Jr. car in the mix that I have to get, but I'm sure there will be next year!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
EarnhardtJrFan said:
At least there isn't a Jr. car in the mix that I have to get, but I'm sure there will be next year!!
Yeah, there wasn't last year either. I wasn't even interested in the Harvick car last year (or this year) and I am really over these fantasy cars. I didn't like the milestones cars (I thought they were fugly) and wasn't impressed with the Jr. 250 starts car either. I have seen a lot of last year's Christmas cars warming the shelves in my local diecast shops here!!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
yzerman19harvick29 said:
Aren't most of Dale Jarrett's and Michael Waltrip's paint schemes "fantasy" since they don't make races?
I think they are considered fanatsy when there is no intention on them racing them. If they don't make the race with the paint scheme I would think they would be called non-raced version car or maybe could of raced cars.....LOL :rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts