Wasnt the Sonoma car the same way?
no you are right, thats the one i was thinking about, my bad

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Correct information about the Gordon 75th Platinum!

Once again, kspool opens his mouth about something he knows nothing about. It is amazing that this jackass thinks he knows it all. If you are going to speak, at least speak out your mouth instead of your ass like the ESPN commercials! Maybe you should do a little research and know what you are talking about before you speak or write.

These 2006 1/24 Jeff Gordon Chicago 75th Win Platinum cars were never "supposed to go to Hendricks". Motorsports Authentics produced a total 2,475 of these cars....2,400 were the regular ARC Raced versions and 75 were the Presidental Platinum versions. These 75 cars were randonly inserted as a chase pieces. They came in the same tamper proof tape sealed box as the regulars. I was lucky enough to pay $67 for a sealed one and cracked it open to find my platinum (0016 of 0075). Pictured below is the one that I own.

·
Legendary Member
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The box on the one I SAW at the store I went to said 1 of 125. The story I got was from the guy who runs the store. The reason the boxes were sealed was because the cars were autographed. It is possible they may have inserted platinum cars as chase cars too; however, there was an issue of 125 cars separate (if you look at the auction, you will see it listed as 1 of 125, not as a chase piece). My information came from that dealer, who is local to me. He got 12 of these cars, an awfully high number for a chase piece. In addition, the cars he got were NOT shrink wrapped. So if you're gonna come on here trying to bust my chops NEWBIE, maybe you should do some research yourself asshole.

·
Registered
163 Posts
NEWBIE....listen here jackass....I will put my high-end portion of my collection up against yours any day and I guarantee your collection cannot hold my jock strap!!! Just because I never post here on this site very often or over at the WC site, does not mean I do not pay attention to what goes on. I do not need message boards to feel important and to run my mouth on. You and Nick are the two biggest assholes on the face of this earth and many of your stupid posts prove it. You would not be that bad if it wasn't for your pubescent moron mentality. You challenage everybody on everything...just because you think you are King Shit of Turd Island! If it does not exist in your mind....then it must not exist at all. Other people on here might kiss your ass because they do not know any better. Some people need attention in their lives and you are definately one of them. You are no more important than any one of us on here, so I wish you would drop your pompuous attitude.

Speak to MA directly about the Gordon Platinum cars....maybe they will tell you the whole story....since you do not believe me!

·
Registered
163 Posts
The 2,475 ARC versions of the Gordon 75th went to dealers only....they had to be pre-allocated and many dealers had their orders cut and some never even got the car in the first place. There are GM Dealers versions of this car and anybody could get them because they were not pre-allocated. Heck...even the trackside haulers were carrying the GM Dealers pieces for a while.

I cannot speak directly about your dealer but every 75th box that I have seen were half shrink wrapped in plastic and had tamper proof holographic tape taped to the side of the box and onto the bottom of the box to prevent tampering. A lot of dealers opened theirs up anyway...but some dealers remained honest and let their customers have a fair chance of landing one of the platinums. These cars were even delayed in coming out because MA wanted to be in charge of randomly inserting the platinums once they arrived in Concord, NC. Do you remember the 2006 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Budweiser...with the 130 autographed ones that were inserted...they had holographic tape as well and their boxes were also half wrapped with shrink wrap plastic.

The only "chase" piece in the regular ARC line was the 75 Platinum versions that were randonly inserted and none of them were signed. After talking with my dealer and talking directly to one of the head MA reps from Concord, NC this information was confirmed. Never was an autographed piece spoke of...and I specifically asked if there was going to be pieces that were autographed and I was told no.

I am going to dig into this 125 thing a little deaper.

·
Registered
163 Posts
OK....here is the official story of the 1/24 Gordon 75th Platinum 1 of 125. I spoke directly to someone at Hendrick Motorsports about this and here is basically what this person stated.

MA produced the original ARC with a production run of 2,475...this number included the 75 randonly inserted platinums. This production run of 2,475 also came with an exclusive platinum coin.

Then there was a GM Dealers version of this car and the production run of this car was 780. There were no platinums inserted and this version did not come with the platinum coin.

Now to the story of the 125 platinums. The Hendrick rep stated that many Hendrick employees were upset that MA did not produce a commerative diecast just for them as a "Hendrick Exclusive". MA listed to this request after the original platinum versions were released. MA then created 125 additional platinum versions just for Hendrick employees. There are a couple differences with this platinum compared to the 1 of 75 version. The DIN numbers and P/N numbers are two different sets. The P/N number of the one that I have is P/N 113058, which is actually the middle numbers between the dashes in the DIN. The Hendrick car has a different P/N number and as kspool stated...the box states 125 made. The Hendrick employee versions also do not come with the platinum coin. By having two different P/N numbers, that will protect against tampering between the original ARC Platinum Version (1 of 75) and the ARC Hendrick Platinum Version (1 of 125).

The Hendrick rep also stated that these 125 were never signed. That explains why the dealer in VA received those cars and their boxes were not shrink wrapped. The Hendrick boxes were never shrink wrapped. So...the dealer in VA has an inside track to someone at Hendrick in order to land those cars. From what I am hearing from other dealers, this whole two different platinum versions is making dealers mad at MA.

·
Legendary Member
25,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it looks like you have proven me right, and in the process, proven that it is you who are the jackass here. I am not here to try to impress anyone, just to pass on any information I may obtain to my fellow collectors. I passed on what I heard from a legitimate dealer with whom I have been dealing for many years. I have also have numerous contacts with Action in the last several years, ever since the old WC board began. You show up and start calling me out, and you don't know shit about me, apparently. I am not here to put my collection up against anyones (Not that it matters) but I can imagine that I would probably give you a run for your money. There are a few members on the board who have seen what I have and they can vouch for it, but I collect because I enjoy it, not to compete with anyone, not to brag about what I have. Believe me, I have the means to go out and get pretty much any diecast I want, but that's not the point either.

I have gained respect on this board because of my interaction with the members here, and also my interaction with WC and Action over various issues. I also don't know where go get that I challenge everybody on everything-- you seem to be the only asshole that I've had to challenge, and I turns out that I was right. You seem to be the one with the big head.

Get over yourself, and you can take your collection and stick it where the sun don't shine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts