Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahman Green became the first free agent running back to sign a contract this offseason as he agreed to a four-year, $23 million deal with the Houston Texans on Sunday.

The deal includes $8 million in the first year between signing bonus, roster bonus and base salary. Green also gets $18 million over the first three years of the contract, another staggering amount in a year of hefty contracts around the NFL.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I think Green's best years are behind him.

·
Registered
335 Posts
haven't heard for sure, but he may be hooked up with jake plummer. word is the texans may be giving up on david carr. and plummer can roll out and avoid being sacked so much. but, he'll still throw the picks.......

·
Registered
724 Posts
kwik said:
haven't heard for sure, but he may be hooked up with jake plummer. word is the texans may be giving up on david carr. and plummer can roll out and avoid being sacked so much. but, he'll still throw the picks.......
Houston has a terrible o-line, that pretty much why Carr has not been able to progress much, it won't get better for Plummer but then again getting away from Shanahan will be a good thing.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Green is DAMAGED GOODS, I would have loved to see him back with the Packers, but who knows if he can make it through a 17 week season. GOOD LUCK to Him, He WAS A GOOD BACK FOR THE PACKERS!!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
don't be trashing my broncos and their coach. the broncos are there every year. shannahan would be welcomed by i'd say quite a few NFL teams. no, their no patriots. but their in the top tier of the AFC. and have been a long time now.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Denver is a good team and will be for a long time, I look for Cutler to do great and any RB they put in the backfield will do well, The Texans have always had a terrible O-Line and Carr has taken an absoulte beating his whole career, he is one tough SOB to not have his career ended already as many times as he has been sacked. I bet Peyton Manning hasn't been saced as much in his career as Carr has the last 2 seasons.

·
Registered
335 Posts
carr has probably been sacked more in his career than any quarterback in the same time. does make you wonder what he could've done with a good offensive line. his career has been wasted. and he certainly does have intestinal fortitude to take the beatings he has week in and week out over all these seasons. his talent deserved better. maybe he should've stood up and just said no more one year, and demanded a trade. who knows.....

plummers not the answer. he can run, but can't hide. he might get out of the pocket, but as i saw him do the last year in denver, he likes to throw the ball to the other team to much. he had a great oppurtunity with denver. a great running game. but, he wasn't up to it. eventhough they missed the playoffs, i was glad cutler was put in. denver has some wholes to fill. receivers are aging, and you never know who will turn up at running back. tatum bell is gone. i think next year that division will be interesting, with new coaches, and the changes being made with personel.

still haven't heard if plummer is a done deal in texas or not. it won't change things any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts