Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JONATHAN McEVOY: Fernando Alonso on McLaren hitlist as F1 ponders alcohol ban | Mail Online

It looks like the European Union is closing in on a ban on alcohol advertising. Not good for auto racing. I don't think the sport has fully recovered from the ban of the tobacco companies (although Ferrari is still sponsored by Marlboro). All this legislation in the so-called "free world" has gotten ridiculous in my opinion. I love the part about F1 having a "moral" obligation to not allow these sponsors in the sport too. It's a sport, not a religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Jeff Fuller's Mustache
3,972 Posts
That's so lame, it shouldn't be a concern.. They sponsors fund teams, to make entertainment for the masses. Alcohol and tobacco are both legal, I can't understand.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
That's so lame, it shouldn't be a concern.. They sponsors fund teams, to make entertainment for the masses. Alcohol and tobacco are both legal, I can't understand.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
I understand the Tobacco one based on health risk (but personal responsibility should come into play for me), but you start banning alcohol sponsors and watch how many start really struggling. Series can't take another big hit.

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my opinion alcohol is just as big a health risk as tobacco. Someone who smokes 1 or 2 cigarettes or has a chew every now and then is probably not going to get cancer and they certainly won't kill anyone while driving impaired.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
In my opinion alcohol is just as big a health risk as tobacco. Someone who smokes 1 or 2 cigarettes or has a chew every now and then is probably not going to get cancer and they certainly won't kill anyone while driving impaired.

You never know, that could cause cancer too.

You jumped to other end with drinking after saying one or two uses every once in awhile might not cause cancer. Just because people enjoy a few drinks or beer once in awhile doesn't mean they drive impaired either.

·
Registered
280 Posts
[OTE="slaytallideth, post: 1000785, member: 3449"]In my opinion alcohol is just as big a health risk as tobacco. Someone who smokes 1 or 2 cigarettes or has a chew every now and then is probably not going to get cancer and they certainly won't kill anyone while driving impaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free[/QUOTE]

Ive tried chew one time and the high dose of nicotine was enough to give me a high. Enough where I didn't need to drive. Don't know if that's the case with everyone, but it would explain some of the people i have worked with.

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[OTE="slaytallideth, post: 1000785, member: 3449"]In my opinion alcohol is just as big a health risk as tobacco. Someone who smokes 1 or 2 cigarettes or has a chew every now and then is probably not going to get cancer and they certainly won't kill anyone while driving impaired.

Ive tried chew one time and the high dose of nicotine was enough to give me a high. Enough where I didn't need to drive. Don't know if that's the case with everyone, but it would explain some of the people i have worked with.[/QUOTE]

As someone who has tried to quit chewing for awhile, the high wears off once you become addicted to it.

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You never know, that could cause cancer too.

You jumped to other end with drinking after saying one or two uses every once in awhile might not cause cancer. Just because people enjoy a few drinks or beer once in awhile doesn't mean they drive impaired either.
Well, of course it could. The air we breathe might cause cancer due to pollutants. Might point is, neither product, if not abused should cause you too many health effects. I feel like the EU is just doing this because they have villainized the tobacco industry so much that there really isn't anything left to do against them without making tobacco illegal (and the EU needs those tobacco tax dollars, you know) so now they are just moving on to alcohol.

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
The EU needs to make this law to stay relevant and in existence. It won't crush F1 like it hurt NASCAR but it's a pretty pointless law to enact because I don't see many issues with fans in regards to abuse.

·
Baltimore Orioles CraZy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The EU needs to make this law to stay relevant and in existence. It won't crush F1 like it hurt NASCAR but it's a pretty pointless law to enact because I don't see many issues with fans in regards to abuse.
Why does the EU need this law to stay relevant?

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
The EU needs to make this law to stay relevant and in existence.
Why does the EU need this law to stay relevant?

I've been reading some articles recently that have been suggesting that the EU is teetering on the point where it is no longer economically feasible to have the EU and it may be better to dissolve it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts