Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the 2019 #88 valvoline 1:24 scale diecast. My box says #1 of 505. Is this really #1 of this particular run? Or do multiple boxes say that? I bought it at Kansas Speedway last year. If it is #1, would that make it worth any more?

Thanks!

·
0 Posts
I bought the 2019 #88 valvoline 1:24 scale diecast. My box says #1 of 505. Is this really #1 of this particular run? Or does multiple boxes say that? I bought it at Kansas Speedway last year. If it is #1, would that make it worth any more?

Thanks!
It is one of 505 produced among 505 others. Yes, every other box will say the same. There should be a DIN number inside the rear window. The last digits are the actual car number as it was produced off the line. If not labeled there check underneath.

Some fan boys have a joygasm over a DIN #1 car, but in reality there is absolutely nothing to physically or visually differentiate #1 from #505. Just wishful thinking on the fan boy's part to artificially inflate pricing and collectability.

JohnnyUtah In the end, collect what you like, and like what you collect as NASCAR diecast collecting is not a money-making proposition. If that's your aim, you'll be pretty disappointed. Take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is one of 505 produced among 505 others. Yes, every other box will say the same. There should be a DIN number inside the rear window. The last digits are the actual car number as it was produced off the line. If not labeled there check underneath.

Some fan boys have a joygasm over a DIN #1 car, but in reality there is absolutely nothing to physically or visually differentiate #1 from #505. Just wishful thinking on the fan boy's part to artificially inflate pricing and collectability.

JohnnyUtah In the end, collect what you like, and like what you collect as NASCAR diecast collecting is not a money-making proposition. If that's your aim, you'll be pretty disappointed. Take care.
Thanks for the awesome reply! I totally agree about the goals of collecting. For me I just buy the ones I like, of the drivers I like, or cars from the 90's I come across at swap meets and the likes. I just happened to notice that on the box and was like "hmmmm...I wonder."

Again thanks for the info! very useful. Now I have peaked my own curiosity and will have to check regardless lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts