Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alexander To Pilot Paul Smith Funny Car | National Speed Sport News

by NSSN Staff
KENNESAW, Ga. — Blake Alexander, a 23-year-old driver from Smith Mountain Lake, Va., will contest nine NHRA events with Paul Smith Racing beginning with the Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals set for March 8-11 at the Auto-Plus Raceway at Gainesville, Fla.
Auto Service Plus® will serve as the primary sponsor in five NHRA races with Alexander and Paul Smith Racing. Alexander and Paul Smith Racing are also associated with the Gates Rubber Company for selected events this year in the NHRA national competition.
In addition the primary sponsorship in five events in 2012, Auto Service Plus will be an associate sponsor in four NHRA events in 2012
“I want to thank everyone at Auto Service Plus for this opportunity to chase my dream as a professional Funny Car driver on the prestigious NHRA Full Throttle series,” said Alexander, a college student when he isn’t behind the wheel of his 6,000-horsepower race car. “With the support of Auto Service Plus, we will be competing in nine national events this year with the outstanding team of Paul Smith Racing. I am so thankful to be in this position to race against the world’s best drag racing drivers. I can’t wait to get started at Auto-Plus Raceway at Gainesville next month.”
Alexander’s NHRA national schedule will include events in Gainesville, Fla., Charlotte, N.C. twice, Commerce, Ga., Englishtown, N.J., Bristol, Tenn., Norwalk, Ohio, Indianapolis, Ind., and Reading, Pa.
“We are pleased to have Blake Alexander and Paul Smith Racing carrying the Auto Service Plus colors this year in the NHRA Full Throttle national drag racing series,” said Mike Buzzard, Director of Marketing at Uni-Select. Blake is a young, talented driver and the NHRA competition is outstanding. We look forward to seeing the Auto Service Plus Funny Car on the track this year.”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts