Diecast Crazy Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So glad that I get the privilege of being a part of the forums with you on here. I loved seeing your comments on TSH forums and can't wait to see what goodies you show off on here. Already have me drooling for a few of your cars (like the GS one)
Thanks John! Great to rekindle a friendship from TSH! :happy:

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I wanted to thank you for the post Bob, but for some reason the option to do that is not available.
You Sir have been nothing but a class act, and I appreciate your friendship immensely. So glad your back!!

·
Premium Member
7,751 Posts
I just joined this site and Bob has been lots of help. It's nice to have a place where collectors and race fans come together and chat. I'm just as old as Bob, also remember Diecast Digest for it's informative columns. This was were I picked up on how rare some diecast were, and I started collecting. I went to most diecast shows in my area (thanks to Diecast Digest) and now miss them. True fans of racing, stories told, diecast bought, sold and traded. Now we have our own place to share thoughts, ideas, Etc. Thanks again Bob.

·
Portable John
21 Posts
Nice Bio Bob. You've been at this game much longer than I. My interest in diecast began probably in the early 90's. I hadn't paid any attention to Action, as I didn't like their products at that time. They had no competition and didn't care that their bodies were way off kilter, detail was almost non existent. Then along came Revell. I started buying them by the boat load. Any driver, it didn't matter. They didn't have a different paint scheme for each race back then, so you only had to buy 20 or so and you had them all for that season. Action really didn't take Revell too seriously and didn't start improving their molds until around 98 or so which was about the time Team Caliber came out. Team Caliber was primarily a Roush product at first, so it really didn't give Action much competition in the beginning, but as Team Caliber started signing more drivers, Action did what they had to do ..... bought TC which is basically the same way they got rid of Revell. Anyway, my point to all this is ...... with what Lionel has done to Action products, and the ever rising cost of good quality diecast, I have quit buying. That includes my Franklin and Danbury Mint collecting as well. I'll never forget the friends I made over the years.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Glad to see you back in a regular basis Bob!
Nice Bio Bob. You've been at this game much longer than I. My interest in diecast began probably in the early 90's. I hadn't paid any attention to Action, as I didn't like their products at that time. They had no competition and didn't care that their bodies were way off kilter, detail was almost non existent. Then along came Revell. I started buying them by the boat load. Any driver, it didn't matter. They didn't have a different paint scheme for each race back then, so you only had to buy 20 or so and you had them all for that season. Action really didn't take Revell too seriously and didn't start improving their molds until around 98 or so which was about the time Team Caliber came out. Team Caliber was primarily a Roush product at first, so it really didn't give Action much competition in the beginning, but as Team Caliber started signing more drivers, Action did what they had to do ..... bought TC which is basically the same way they got rid of Revell. Anyway, my point to all this is ...... with what Lionel has done to Action products, and the ever rising cost of good quality diecast, I have quit buying. That includes my Franklin and Danbury Mint collecting as well. I'll never forget the friends I made over the years.
Thanks Brandon. And John, so nice to see you post! I couldn't agree more with your assessments. So very true. God bless you, man! :happy:
[MENTION=1664]bdrescher[/MENTION] [MENTION=2153]dieseldoc[/MENTION]

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Well written, great read!!! I think after all you have seen and done in the diecast industry, we should listen very closely to what you have to say.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well written, great read!!! I think after all you have seen and done in the diecast industry, we should listen very closely to what you have to say.
[MENTION=2963]DEJRFAN65[/MENTION]

You're too kind. I wouldn't go that far though. Just been able to use my gift of the gab with the right people (and sometimes the *not* right people). Sometimes I've been listened to and sometimes, like in the case of MAAXESHUNLIONELRCCANASCARTRUST, most of the time not. :happy:

·
0 Posts
https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/phot...f=m_notif&notif_t=like&__user=100000138230766

This is that "overly direct" and independent of MAAXESHUNLIONELRCCANASCARTRUST approach and willngness to help fellow collectors find MOPAR gems that I mentioned. Makes the fanboys nervous and twitchy.
:lovinit: [MENTION=3362]Dale3DaleJr88[/MENTION] [MENTION=2701]crazyray78[/MENTION] [MENTION=1395]team3and8[/MENTION] [MENTION=2544]sparky8833[/MENTION] [MENTION=3325]Greenfield[/MENTION] [MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION] [MENTION=4815]moparmike340[/MENTION] [MENTION=1344]yukonsjoy[/MENTION] [MENTION=4921]tr4petty[/MENTION] [MENTION=4922]viper0308[/MENTION] [MENTION=470]yzerman19harvick29[/MENTION] [MENTION=1408]inj9696[/MENTION] [MENTION=606]bdmattox[/MENTION] [MENTION=1151]vic[/MENTION] [MENTION=431]FFighter_21[/MENTION] [MENTION=530]ronmcc[/MENTION] [MENTION=1056]Dewaltno17[/MENTION] [MENTION=4065]Cyberwombat[/MENTION] [MENTION=3716]DODGEFAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=4917]dk969[/MENTION] [MENTION=2509]JGFAN24[/MENTION]

·
Dyslexics are teople poo
1,449 Posts
I really do not understand it. Some of the most iconic, historical cars.... Never made. There IS a charger mold, however not really all that great looking and take ALOT of work just to get the stance right! No Dodge charger daytonas, no Plymouth superbirds other than the franklin mint, and RC which was pretty much a copy of the FM version. And no Roadrunners from the 71/72 years. Hell, petty drove four or more versions of that car alone! I am sure they would make the $$$ back on that mold alone JUST with the petty plymouth and no one else! Maybe I should put in an application over there..... I could totally run the mopar development department! :biggrin:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I really do not understand it. Some of the most iconic, historical cars.... Never made. There IS a charger mold, however not really all that great looking and take ALOT of work just to get the stance right! No Dodge charger daytonas, no Plymouth superbirds other than the franklin mint, and RC which was pretty much a copy of the FM version. And no Roadrunners from the 71/72 years. Hell, petty drove four or more versions of that car alone! I am sure they would make the $$$ back on that mold alone JUST with the petty plymouth and no one else! Maybe I should put in an application over there..... I could totally run the mopar development department! :biggrin:

You got my vote, Ray! [MENTION=2701]crazyray78[/MENTION]

·
Registered
651 Posts
[MENTION=2963]DEJRFAN65[/MENTION]

You're too kind. I wouldn't go that far though. Just been able to use my gift of the gab with the right people (and sometimes the *not* right people). Sometimes I've been listened to and sometimes, like in the case of MAAXESHUNLIONELRCCANASCARTRUST, most of the time not. :happy:
Bob, you make a valid point here and you are not the only one they won't listen to. Perhaps when they start to listen to what us CUSTOMERS really want then maybe.....just maybe we'll see things improve over there.

·
Premium Member
7,751 Posts
I would love to see more historical diecast, especially the Petty cars. I don't collect the 1/18 scales, don't like the Auto World versions. They would make thousands with this , make 1-2 cars every year in 1/24 scale. I talked to Jim Hanagan a while back from Toolbox Treasures. I asked him to make more Petty Cars. He was looking into making the Dragster car from 1969. Think about that car in diecast form?

·
0 Posts
I would love to see more historical diecast, especially the Petty cars. I don't collect the 1/18 scales, don't like the Auto World versions. They would make thousands with this , make 1-2 cars every year in 1/24 scale. I talked to Jim Hanagan a while back from Toolbox Treasures. I asked him to make more Petty Cars. He was looking into making the Dragster car from 1969. Think about that car in diecast form?
Don, I like your thinking. Autoworld isn't so bad, but their 1/24 stuff is NHRA focused for the most part. Well, the new releases anyway. As for Hannigan [MENTION=2147]Toolie[/MENTION] and Toolbox Treasures, I also have spoke to him. The issue is that he, like Autoworld have relied on the old Racing Champions mold catalog for any 1/24 NASCAR molds. Jim simply will not invest in any new molds, citing the cost ($100,000+). I would LOVE to see a #43 jr. car in 1/24, but if the mold doesn't exist, you won't see it from Toolbox Treasures. [MENTION=4917]dk969[/MENTION]. :happy:
PETTY 71 RR!!! let's do it!
Don't you know it?! PREACH IT, ROLAND! This would be the ultimate for my collection! [MENTION=703]unionjack1940[/MENTION] :happy: By the way Ray Currin [MENTION=2701]crazyray78[/MENTION] is working on a 1971 Roadrunner/GTX custom and man, it looks righteous!

·
Premium Member
16,939 Posts
Nice to meet you! Hopefully Dodge comes back. I always thought the Challenger was the best looking car of the last 10-15 years

21 - 40 of 48 Posts