Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOXSports.com, Updated 17 minutes ago

Robby Gordon will exact his revenge at Watkins Glen this weekend.

Not only will Gordon be racing the No. 7 Ford, the team owner will field a second car — the No. 77 — for Busch Series regular Marcos Ambrose, who he fiercely battled in the closing laps of the NAPA Auto Parts 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Saturday.
"Marcos did a helluva job," Gordon said. "He led a lot of laps on Saturday. It will be great to have him as my teammate."

Ambrose, who drives the No. 59 Kingsford Ford for Wood Brothers/JTG Racing, qualified fifth and led the most laps before Gordon spun him out with two laps remaining in the event. The Australian Ambrose finished seventh and is currently eighth in the Busch Series point standings.

If he qualifies for the race, Sunday will mark the Nextel Cup debut for the 30-year-old Launceston, Tasmania native. Ambrose began his career in NASCAR with the Wood Brothers last season.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
WOW!!! That is an intresting twist!! Hey Joker, Maybe one point back up for Robby? If he doesn't wreck him...... :lildevil:

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Hmm...wonder what all the Ambrose fans that were bashing Robby have to say about this...

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I firmly believe that Gordon is like Stewart in some respects. He is a nice guy deep down inside. I guess you could throw Kyle Bush in there too as far as this issue goes, but they engage mouth, or actions before their brain has a chance to react., This is a class act for what he did to Marcos last weekend. Now if Marcos can capitalize. I sure hope so. That is what the Australian V-8 Series is all about, so he should be able to rock. Go get em' "Kangaroo Meat"!!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea it is a step up for Robby, personaly i still think hes a dick, but it is a step up, but not enough to get him off the list.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I still don't see what Robby owes Ambrose, cause what I saw was Ambrose spinning Robby out under caution. Robby should have restarted first in my opinion because the lights were on (And I thought if you spun someone out under caution you got penalized, ex. Kenseth and Harvick), if not 2nd, and Robby just paid Ambrose back what he had coming for him after he took out Robby. Well it still is the right thing to do, and I'm proud to have Robby Gordon on my driver list. JMO

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mearsfan25 said:
I still don't see what Robby owes Ambrose, cause what I saw was Ambrose spinning Robby out under caution. Robby should have restarted first in my opinion because the lights were on (And I thought if you spun someone out under caution you got penalized, ex. Kenseth and Harvick), if not 2nd, and Robby just paid Ambrose back what he had coming for him after he took out Robby. Well it still is the right thing to do, and I'm proud to have Robby Gordon on my driver list. JMO
Ambrose was first because he was leading in the last scoring loop, video only counts on the final lap. As for Kenseth and Harvick they spun each other out mutiple times, it just wasn't a little simple spin and payback.

As for the whole second car thing, it still doesn't make him any less of a dousche to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts