1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
So what's the story? What is the F--- face card, and what the hell is Saw Cut? I'm a total card novice. Wanna help me out w/this?

·
Registered
374 Posts
i believe the saw cut thing is the 1/2 inch cut in the middle bottem of the card where the company was going to destroy it... i might be wrong tho.. btw the F-face card was a prank played on him by his teammates

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
way2fast4u said:
i believe the saw cut thing is the 1/2 inch cut in the middle bottem of the card where the company was going to destroy it... i might be wrong tho..
You are correct! Although that story has taken a life of its own over the years. Many folks don't believe that the "saw cut" exists as they think it was something that someone just came up with to squeeze some extra cash out of the "F*** Face" card craze of 1989. Others swear that once Fleer discovered the "error" and some people began to react negatively to it (you have to remember the hobby was made up primarily of kids in the 80s) they cut a notch in the Ripken cards that they had printed to mark them to be destroyed. Of course they also created 3 corrected versions with a black box, scribble line, and white box covereing the offensive language on the bat knob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts