Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local dealer today to pick up my Dale Jr. 1/24 COT. He got his first shipment in and gave me a call, so I drove down at lunch to get my car. Of course, MA has gone totally anal on packaging these but bolting them to the styrofoam, yet they have regressed by going back to tissue paper covering the cars. Anyway, as I always do when I buy a new car, I opened the box to check out the car (which is no easy task since the styrofoam is taped like there's a block of gold inside.)

Well, when I opened the car, the very first thing I noticed is that the wing was broken. Luckily, he had another car so I was still able to get one that wasn't broken; however, had it been an online experience, I would have had to return it and wait for another. Looking at the construction of MA's COT, there are a lot of things that can be broken on them-- he told me he's had several that have had issues-- broken parts on the splitter, the broken wing, and numerous scratched where the styrofoam is attached to the car by the screws. I am curious if anyone else has had any problems with their MA COT purchases.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
My uncle got me a Ward Burton #4 State/Air Force car for my birthday. He dropped it off and I opened it later. It still had the paper around the box and everything, I open it up... windshield was cracked. Had no idea how it could've happened. Looked like someone jammed their thumb into it. Luckily I got it replaced soon after, but yeah, if it was an online thing. I might've been out of luck.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I've heard the same problem on the Gordon and Johnson cars too. In fact I recently talked to someone that had purchased there gordon COT at the Track. He told me that he went thru the first four cars before finding one that appeared to be in good shape. But when he got home and went to take it off of the base and or styro foam he found that the exshaust system was loose and there was a good bit of smudging under the car. He also was able to get his replaced but for the COT cars I would recommend that anyone buying one of the New COT cars buy it in person and fully inspect it before you purchase one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Damn so much for ordering the Mark Martin on-line. Was really looking forward to getting it shortly to.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car itself is not on a base-- it is just attached to the styrofoam by two screws (and a real pain in the ass to remove too!!)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
The CFS regular ars are screwed to the styro-foam also. I wonder what the deal is w/that all of a sudden? I also wonder why theu went back to the tissue papaer. Probably was taking too much time for the workers to put them in the bag w/the wing and splitter.
Paying the help so much hourly to assemble these, they probably wanna cut back on overtime I am sure.... :sneak:

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
The only issue I had with my Johnson COT was unscrewing it from the base. The screws are tiny as hell and screwed way up in there. Other than that the wing and splitter was just fine on mine. The COTs are definately a lot more fragile than the standard cars. Just by looking at it I can tell it wouldn't take much to bust a splitter or wing.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
The CFS regular ars are screwed to the styro-foam also. I wonder what the deal is w/that all of a sudden? I also wonder why theu went back to the tissue papaer. Probably was taking too much time for the workers to put them in the bag w/the wing and splitter.
Paying the help so much hourly to assemble these, they probably wanna cut back on overtime I am sure.... :sneak:
The cloth bags are probably more expensive to produce than all the trinkets that they put on the WC cars so they opted to discontinue tke cloth bag and keep the trinkets instead!!!1 :doh: :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts
does anyone know if they still sell the cloth bags and if so, what is the item number?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
fishin4cars said:
FFighter_21 said:
The cloth bags are probably more expensive to produce than all the trinkets that they put on the WC cars so they opted to discontinue tke cloth bag and keep the trinkets instead!!!1 :doh: :LOL:
They took the money they saved by bagging the regular cars and added the tie strings on the Elite bags....lol!
From what I hear, they are messing up the precious metal cars with those new bags.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ron3fan said:
does anyone know if they still sell the cloth bags and if so, what is the item number?
The cloth bags are item #402142 and are available in black or white. They are $5.00 + $1.25 shipping for a pack of 25. They are listed under other drivers on page 4 of 5 on the RCCA website. Hope that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts