Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A problem I had the other day has occurred more than once for me. When logging in from a saved address in your favorites or similar form. If you happen to get a primarily white page with a little incription at the top that has something about mozilla in it there is a quick reselution to get in around this if it occurs. Simply go to the top address bar and where it has http://www.diecastnuts.com/whateverand so forth. Delete it all back to the .com and hit refresh or just type in www.diecastnuts.com This will bring you to the home page where you may or may not have to resign back in. This issue happened the other day and I couldn't get in for well over three hours. Eric called me and told me what to do and instantly I was back up and running. It happened again this morning and I just retyped the address and got in but had to sign in on the home page.
This very well may something to do with the changes being made and with that said Franklin has been doing a really good job at getting on top of a lot of these glitches as soon as they occur. If anyone else is having problems or seeing glitches that need attention please bring them forward so that Racer and Geebi can look into them as soon as possible. For now we will call them growing pains. It can and will occur when new things are installed to the site. If they are made aware of the problems then they can get on them quickly to find out the cause. The longer the problem exists unreported the harder they are to figure out what caused them.
Racer and Geebi have been doing a really good job trying to upgrade and update the site. We have all seen the differences over the last few months. I think for the most part they all great upgrades for us as members and would like to take this time to thank them for the efforts they do for all of us to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
With the changing of the site address, we have lost over half of the daily members that login. I know for the last 2 or 3 days, I find the site and bookmark it and the next time I come back it is a dead link. I hope some of the regular members can find the new addy.

·
Super Moderator
8,751 Posts
i am having the same problem. to get in i just delete everything after the .com in the addy.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I had that problem the first day. I did that (delete back to the .com), and then re-book marked it and have not had any problem since. The site looks awesome and I think there are more neat things to come. They are busting their humps for us, and I for one really really appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BadBowtie said:
With the changing of the site address, we have lost over half of the daily members that login. I know for the last 2 or 3 days, I find the site and bookmark it and the next time I come back it is a dead link. I hope some of the regular members can find the new addy.
Wonder if there is a way to send a email to all regestered members email address and notify everyone all at once of this so they can figure it out. Those of us that know can simply delete the email the ones that don't know would at least be able to figure out how to get on.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I'm going to do that now since the latest url with community is working fine and works out fine for us. I have the option of sending a newsletter to every member's email providing that feature still works. I'll go ahead and send one.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
racersimage said:
I'm going to do that now since the latest url with community is working fine and works out fine for us. I have the option of sending a newsletter to every member's email providing that feature still works. I'll go ahead and send one.
It seems to be a problem in the site there Racer. I've had to help six people get in this mornig alone.

·
Blast from the Past!
196 Posts
Racer,

I know you deleted the old /forum directory (or at least I think you did). As a suggestion you could recreate that directory and put an index.php or .html file in there with a message saying the site has moved and bookmarks should be updated. You can also include a jumpback to the right address of the home page/forum pages that has a countdown.

If you were to leave something like that in place for like a month or so, then pull it down, all the old members who don't log in as often would be able to get a feel for it, update thier bookmarks and not wonder.

Just a suggestion
Darce!

·
Banned
0 Posts
All I know how to do is create a redirection file. I have one in the main public_html folder leading here. That would only be a temporary fix because once members went to the old address they'd be forwarded here without a notice. I may do that for now until I can figure how to do what you suggested.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Ok, great idea Darce. Thanks. I have added an index.html and index.php file redirecting to the new url in both a 'forum' folder and a 'forums' folder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts