Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car count is now up to 1,030. I'm much closer to the end of this journey than the beginning (I think...). This one arrived on Monday but I was traveling and thus didn't unveil it to myself until today. Wasn't even certain this one was gettable. But it just showed up on ebay. It is an absolutely gorgeous car and the last Greg Biffle car I was hunting. Those Caliber color chrome cars were something else. I didn't share pics but landed Bobby Hamilton Jr's Marines blue color chrome car a couple of months ago from a collector in Germany. Another strikingly gorgeous car.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#54 of 300, btw.

And another rare find arrived in today's mail. The box is rough but replaceable. This is Kulwicki's "yellow letter tires" version from '92. Been up on ebay for a minute. I asked about the tires and was told they were white. Upon consulting DCR there is also a difference in the contingency stickers around the front wheel well. I have a replacement box on the way. The boxes are actually interchangeable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,115 Posts
Beautiful TC signed blue color chrome car 😉👍🏻 I miss the TC Preferred Series cars. Also you can never go wrong with a Kulwicki HOOTERS black box car 😉
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well DCR lists the "retail" value at $411. I get that those values mean very little. Still, the hunt is a huge part of the fun here. I didn't fully believe the seller when they said the tire lettering was white. There are white ones listed now and you can see the difference in the contrast. So anyhow I figured it was worth a $48 + shipping gamble and low and behold it is yellow lettering.

And I love that blue chrome car. Could take or leave the autograph but when there OEM signatures (which this is) are preferred by me.

Funny how cars can reside on one's wish list for what seems like forever. Then one day they just appear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the replies, guys. I'm a late comer here and totally get that collecting isn't now what it was. But I love this hobby. And there is most definitely a rush when you come across one you've been hunting. My collection stops at the CoT. So nothing newer than '07 for me.

For those interested I'm 8899dj on DCR. But grab some popcorn as it will take a minute to scroll through my hoard.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its about the "HUNT", great ads to your collection, that blue is crazy !!
Oh it it most definitely all about the hunt. Amazing where you acquire some of these from. I've met some awesome folks from literally all over the world. And a handful or so in person whether they be locally or when I'm traveling near where they are on business. I'm aggressive in my search but very fair and respectful (I think) when dealing with someone who has a car I'm interested in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts