Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
yes i am crazy and i can prove it
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering if there were any dealers that might be intrested in opening a shop here in the West Chester Pa area.
We realy need one around here. West Chester is right inbetween King of Prussia and Delaware. There are a few open store fronts in the area wich are right off of route 202.
Easy off easy on. Any way just a thought.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
Hello I was wondering if there were any dealers that might be intrested in opening a shop here in the West Chester Pa area.
We realy need one around here. West Chester is right inbetween King of Prussia and Delaware. There are a few open store fronts in the area wich are right off of route 202.
Easy off easy on. Any way just a thought.
dave where is the store fronts my dad will be up their tommrow to see if they have 2012 cars

·
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[MENTION=2046]99edwards[/MENTION]
im not sure i under stand your question if you mean the empty ones there right off of rt 202 and rt 3 plus my wif found a few were the rents are less then 400.00 a month.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
@99edwards
im not sure i under stand your question if you mean the empty ones there right off of rt 202 and rt 3 plus my wif found a few were the rents are less then 400.00 a month.
$400 a month is CHEAP rent if teh building is in good shape and has sufficient space.

Get into a decent shopping center are your talking MUCH MUCH more than that.

Whats the old saying in real estate, 3 most important things are LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

Scott

·
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[MENTION=2046]99edwards[/MENTION]
there are none the hobbie store dwn the road has 3 cars and thats it other then that nothing un less you count my basement.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
@99edwards
there are none the hobbie store dwn the road has 3 cars and thats it other then that nothing un less you count my basement.
Dave I feel your pain I lived in Oley which was close to Leesport and Brickel's which was nice bit of a drive for you, but now I live out in Paris, Tx and there is nothing within miles and miles of it. I've often though about opening up a Diecast/Sports Hobby shop but I don't know with the town I'm in.

·
Always smooth
4,271 Posts
Brick and Mortar shops are becoming more and more scarce. Not only in diecast but other things as well. Its just too much overhead. It sucks but thats the way it is. When I first started collecting there was 6 shops within a 40 minute drive. Now there is 1 (Brickels). Even at $400 a Month you still have to sell alot of diecast to even make rent. In the current economy folks just dont have the extra money to throw around.

·
Joey Logano Fan
331 Posts
In my area there arent any places to get diecasts. A few years ago there was only one store about 30min away that I used to stop into and one day I drove by and it was empty. Seems like online stores and auction sites are taking over most of the storefront places.

·
#JRNation
4,661 Posts
Funny how some places in the US Dont have Nascar stores. But I know of 2-3 Here in QUEBEC... 1 being my local dealer. and another being far away and 1 that [MENTION=3055]z24black[/MENTION] goes to I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Be careful if it is real close to Delaware. I knew of a dealer in Delaware that pretty much put every dealer in the surrounding states out of business..main reason...Delaware has no sales tax..so the dealers in MD, NJ and PA were at a 7-9% disdvantage right off the bat.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Be careful if it is real close to Delaware. I knew of a dealer in Delaware that pretty much put every dealer in the surrounding states out of business..main reason...Delaware has no sales tax..so the dealers in MD, NJ and PA were at a 7-9% disdvantage right off the bat.
Very true, I know exactly who you are talking about!

Also, something to keep in mind. IF anyone is serious about opening a store, look into ALL the little expenses, such as power bills, phone bills, cc processing fees, cc processing equipment, insurance, Alarm system, wayer bill, paying an employee or yourself (yess pay yourself, your family has to eat and have a roof over there heads), advertising expenses, and be prepared for excess inventory you don't sale (non of us can predict exactly what we need).

A $400-500 rent bill can easily balloon into 12-1500 in real expenses each month plus your help (or your own salary)

Also be prepared to diversify into other complimentary items, I see teh days of a standalone nascar store as being very tough.

It can be a very rewarding businesss but it isn't the piece of cake everyone thinks it is, if it was so easy and profitable don't you think there would be more stores around?

just my opinions.

Scott

·
Green Flag Racing LLC
182 Posts
Very true, I know exactly who you are talking about!

Also, something to keep in mind. IF anyone is serious about opening a store, look into ALL the little expenses, such as power bills, phone bills, cc processing fees, cc processing equipment, insurance, Alarm system, wayer bill, paying an employee or yourself (yess pay yourself, your family has to eat and have a roof over there heads), advertising expenses, and be prepared for excess inventory you don't sale (non of us can predict exactly what we need).

A $400-500 rent bill can easily balloon into 12-1500 in real expenses each month plus your help (or your own salary)

Also be prepared to diversify into other complimentary items, I see teh days of a standalone nascar store as being very tough.

It can be a very rewarding businesss but it isn't the piece of cake everyone thinks it is, if it was so easy and profitable don't you think there would be more stores around?

just my opinions.

Scott

YOU are ONE lucky person, haven't taken a salary yet!

I must be doing something wrong...............:wink:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I only know of one shop here in Maine. I knew of one other one but it was closed when I went through this summer. It sucks but the online sales and auctions are putting everyone out.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
My nearest dealer is in New Hampshire, (like PlanBSales) is a Tax free state, We have no sales tax on goods but we need a store. BTW [MENTION=2596]dgrove[/MENTION] Isnt West Chester where Bam Margera and those jackass people live?

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
i know theres a sports cards shop in mckees rocks that had diecasts when i was there its called sportscards etc.

Yeah, they actually have a couple of locations, but die cast isn't their main thing, so the selection isn't great, and they over charge.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts