Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the Father's Day 2-car tin set from WC anywhere?

Once again, nice timing by the WC folks on this one...
:rollseyes:

Gene

·
Gimme more Budweiser!!
241 Posts
Fathers Day sets

Nothing yet has surfaced in the Kansas City-Topeka-Lawrence Kansas area. Been looking hard for them. If anyone finds the Kasey Kahne set, let me know!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Nevermind I looked at the checklist and know what you guys are talking about. My Wal-Mart had at least 1 of all of them today. They are like 17 something a piece.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Dang I just checked the list and I may need to venture out to Walmart tomorrow and look for them. Also looks like they should be doing a lot of the American Hero's cars which is surprising!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Got a phone call this evening from Blazer77. He found them in Walmart in Strongsville OHIO tonight. There are 5 different sets. $17.94 each. The tin is actually a hauler with the top of the trailer behind the rest ot the truck. In the trucks trailer are two 1/64th's one reg. version and one color chrome. The Dale Jr. Has the DEI car in reg. Version but the color Chrome is the BUD car. He said they all looked really sharp. The Drivers are Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Kasey Kahne, & Jimmy Johnson. He will post pics when he gets back from Michigam the first of next week. He said the ones he found were on a three sided display pallet. there are like 15 of the Jr. and about 7 of each of the other drivers.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I looked at the checklist and still don't know what you guys are talking about... :doh:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Picture of the 2007 Jimmie Johnson Father's Day Tin

Fellas,

Even though I picked them up tonight...here is a picture that I found on eBay of one...so you can get an idea of what they look like.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Trevor look in between the American heros 1/64th's and the start of the 1/24th scale cars on the WC check list. The tin is the hauler and the two cars are actually inside the hauler. If you take it out of the package to display you can put the top of the trailer on ( TIN COVER) and the two cars sit inside. I haven't seen pics but Adam described it pretty well over the phone to me tonight.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Re: Picture of the 2007 Jimmie Johnson Father's Day Tin

blazer77 said:
Fellas,

Even though I picked them up tonight...here is a picture that I found on eBay of one...so you can get an idea of what they look like.

All right Magic DUDE :hypno: not only did you find them before everyone else did now you can make posts while driving to the track>>>>> :vroom: >>>>>> Guess I finally figured out how your able to help me out on these hard to find things now!!! ;)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Those are Damn Sweet!!! Who all are they making?? I know they will not be around here anywhere. If someone could pick me up a Jr., I would forever be in debt to you!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
If anyone finds the Jr. one, I NEED THAT ONE!!! I have been looking for that set along with all of the 3 Movie cars!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
gonna have to make a run to a couple of walmarts tomorrow and see if i cant find me the Stewart one

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
EarnhardtJrFan said:
If anyone finds the Jr. one, I NEED THAT ONE!!! I have been looking for that set along with all of the 3 Movie cars!!!
Hey Joker, did you and Larkin get the cars!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea, pm sent

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Glad to hear it BUD!!! If you guys see anything new PLEASE let me know!!! Glad I was able to HELP BOTH OF YOU OUT!!!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great info Blazer/fishin4cars! Now we know what to be on the lookout for. Basically a 3-sided pallet display that has them. Were they in any particular place in the store?

Gene

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Gene, He found them in the center aisle of the toy section. If the store he went to is set up similar to down here it would mean they were on the outer Isle where they display large items

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
gonna have to make a run to a couple of walmarts tomorrow and see if i cant find me the Stewart one
I will at least be hitting the one in Central this evening. I will let you know if I see any there.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Joker, I went to Denham instead, no luck. Will probably make central tomorrow.

Can someone explain to me why they would make a tin of the hauler instead of an auctual hauler?

I collect die casts, my grandma collects tins. :dingy:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts