Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
The only finish I really like is Color Chrome and it depends on which car it is. And I only have a couple of them. The rest are just too much of a fantasy for me. This is the favorite one I have.

·
Hoff
1,190 Posts
About the only type of special finish I collect are the Black Label/Stealth cars, as you can see by my Want List. I do have some Brushed Metals, and I do have that Gun Metal Kurt Busch car you posted, as I thought it looked bad ass... But, for the most part, I stick with the Black Label/Stealth types...

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Im not a special finish lover by no means but I do really like the stealth schemes. Below are pictures of my stealth car along with a liquid color and a standard finish Tissot car..

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Yeah, pictures of cars dont do them justice most of the time. They look so much better in person.

·
Hoff
1,190 Posts
I agree on the Liquid Color Danica car too... I picked that one up on a whim from an Ebay seller, as he offered free shipping on any additional buys, and he had it for $35. That thing looks pretty sharp in person... I think its only my 2nd or 3rd Liquid Color and all look pretty nice...

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
Color chrome! I just wish they were cheaper!

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Liquid color.

I make a few exceptions for some color chrome cars too.

One liquid color car I´d love to own is the Dale sr. Daytona win elite in liquid color.

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
I really like the Gun Metal finish, as for the rest, it depends on the car. I have an 07 Jeff Gordon Nicorette color chrome that the green is just gorgeous on. I picked it up purely because I liked the color. At the same time, as evin Harvick is my primary driver, I have skipped getting any of is color chrome Shell/Pennzoil cars just because I don't care for the colorchrome yellow.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
In my book you cant beat a liquid color on a blue or green car. That Danica Liquid is awesome but the Snickers and/or Miller Lite blue cars from last year in liquid color turned out amazing. The gun metal are nice too. I typical like any new finish, like the stealth, the first year of those looked cool, now I think they are kind of losing their allure. The galaxy will be nice this year as will the rampage, since they are 2 totally new finishes. I liked the brushed metal from a few years ago, when they were a dull finish.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,216 Posts
The only finish I really like is Color Chrome and it depends on which car it is. And I only have a couple of them. The rest are just too much of a fantasy for me. This is the favorite one I have.

Same here. I like the Color Chrome finish if it is done on the right car and this is one that it looks awesome on. I have it too and it's one of my favorites.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
As so we rehash another thread of old...

Color chrome and liquid color are not so different from each other, and they most replicate the original cars but with a brighter finish. They are likely the most popular among the fans. The rest of them are generally cool for a while, especially when they're new (i.e. gunmetal, stealth, etc.) and they would be GREAT if Lionel or whoever's running the asylum did them as a one-off piece and stopped adding to the insanity.

10 years ago, when a diecast was released, it was released in possibly two or three finishes. Now if it's released in less than 10 it's a miracle. Sure they produce less cars now overall, but individual collectors are strapped if they want all their driver's cars. I though (and still do) that the Stealth (originally called "black label") cars were nice looking when they were released. As a Dale Jr. and Harvick fan, though, I was already at my limit.

In addition, White Gold and Platinum look very similiar. With Dale Jr's new Mt. Dew car, someone over at the RCCA board just got the White Gold and Color Chrome cars, and you can barely tell them apart. In my opinion, that's just ridiculous. If it weren't for DIN's, you probably wouldn't even know.

I know that everyone likes something different, but just based on the limited replies on this thread so far, color chrome is by far the most popular "special finish" and liquid color is pretty popular as well when they make them. (Although you don't see those that often any more-- at least, not right now-- may be a wrap thing.) As far as the rest of them, I like white gold and platinum, but I found out last year that I don't need every damn car made in a white gold elite, and I stopped buying the platinum elites when I was guaranteed every white gold elite.

The bottom line is there are too many, and by the way they just keep adding without taking away, there's no relief in site. Soon, they'll be making more special finish than standard finish cars.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts