Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Does anybody collect race programs of important things in their drivers career?

I'm going to start doing that with AJ. Probably for wins and poles. So far I have the 2012 Rolex program. Would love to find the 2007 Bristol Spring race, 2008 Brickyard 400 (1st Top 10), and 2010 Phoenix Spring race (1st pole)

Edit: Also would be cool to do it with the race pins and program cars too

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,196 Posts
umm i have a few i wouldn't really call it a collection though but i think its a really cool idea

·
Diecast CraZy
1,979 Posts
I collect some I have some from the 70's, 80's 90's and early 2000's and all are from Pocono, Bristol, Indy, and a couple of other tracks programs.

·
Danica's #1 Fan
15,845 Posts
Oh yeah. I have the 2005 Indianapolis 500 program signed. It was Danica's rookie year and first 500 where she led 19 laps.

I also have the 2008 Twing Ring Motegi Japan Indycar race program where Danica won that race.

I had Danica sign both of these programs. She thought it was real awesome that I had the Japan program.

Oh, and I have an unused ticket to that 2005 Indy 500. Its seen in the picture with the program.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
I have a few programs. I think 15-20-30 years from now it will be cool to look back at a drivers career, and say oh that was the race they got their first pole or win. It's cool to look back to the 80's and 90's now and see Sr's championships or Gordon's first win, etc...

I also grab magazine's that my drivers are on.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
My son has programs from the races that we've attended. He also has pins from those races/tracks and a few others that my mom bought him when she visited tracks on vacation. He has a checkered flag backpack with Sprint Cup logo patch and puts all of his pins on his backpack. I'll try to get a picture of it later. It's pretty cool looking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.