Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u buy more then one car just because u like it?? well i think im over the top... i have 9 batmobiles now...i dont know why. i hate batman too..LOL i have 7 of the regular honeycomb fronts and 2 flat fronts which is worth more?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
As you have found, the flat front is harder to find than the honeycomb front grille. That makes it worth about .10 cents more than the honeycomb grille. Looks like you are sitting on a gold mine!! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Eh my dads the same with when he finds Corvettes. He buys 2 of everyone he can find. He used to do that so he could open one to display and keep one in the package. Now days he buys 2 and sticks them in garbage bags in storage since he's out of room!

·
Registered
335 Posts
if you go to a pure hot wheels board, you'll see photo's of guys, and gals for that matter, with literally 50 of the same car. i've done that in the past, but i dsold that entire collection and started over. i mostly collect only treasure hunts, it's easy on the budget, and only in stores, unless it's a good deal. . i've got about 3 batmobiles. but 4 enzo's hunts. i always buy a hunt. i've got 26 of one hunt, and don't even remember the name!
back when the matchbox hearse was popular, our salesman wanted them, and we got over 30 total. ended up giving most in trade to the funeral parlor for baseball tickets! i ended up going to almost every class a oriole farm team game for free with those tickets.
so, grabbing one car is really normal. as long as you like it. if your hoarding, it's not real healthy.
value, it's worth what someone will pay. most of all, it's worth is what it's value is to you. you like them, they are worth alot. just don't plan on putting your child thru college with them............
at my age, i learned a hard lesson. don't overdue it. i bought alot of things i liked. but are not really of interest any more at my age. and are now also worthless. so, i buy only something that i can at least get my money back out of. a treasure hunt will always bring at least a buck or 2 plus more in many cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts